Wednesday, May 15, 2013

You Have Options: Video or Text. (Each has some information that the other does not, so choose wisely. Or be the wisest of all the blog-audience and just skip over my post completely.)

Vlog or Blog, you decide.
If you have ten minutes, watch the video of me talking about my week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEccKbW61WY

If not, here's the text version:


Things that were good on Thursday:

1. I was awarded 3000 dollars from the Bates College Otis Internship Grant so that my cost of living (plus 75-100 dollars a week pocket money) would be covered for the 9 weeks that I work in San Francisco. Not too shabby, right? Thanks Bates.

2. I mean, what more do you want?

3. Oh, but I made a fire with Pernilla, Mike and Nick in this small little campsite with a stone fireplace. Then we hung out there for a while and heard some very odd howling/crying noises. We couldn't figure out what type of animal it was, so I'm going to go ahead and say it was a hawk/bobocat hybrid animal. Seems likely.

Things that were good on Friday:

1. I watched a movie with a friend.
2. I don't know, I think Friday was basically a bust. That was the last day of Zombies vs. Humans, and although I never got turned into a zombie, the humans lost the last "mission" (i.e. game) because we were vastly outnumbered. I still get bragging rights for being one of the last humans out of a 200-player game.

Things that were good on Saturday:
1. Block Party: where I ate food, listened to good music, and got a free pair of sunglasses. Last year I got pink, this year I got yellow. Riveting stuff. All I know is by the time I graduate, if I didn't secure a job post-grad, at least I'll have 4 pairs of vibrantly colored sunglasses.

Things that were good on Sunday:

1. RONJSTOCK: My set was memorized and included songs I really enjoyed singing including "First Day" by Bright Eyes, "Blue Jeans" by Lana del Ray "I Am Not A Robot" by Marina and the Diamonds, and a song I wrote called "The Deconstruction of the Manic Pixie Dream Girl". Everything went pretty well.  A few mistakes, but nothing worth crying over. It was a wonderful day. Here's a blogpost I wrote about it on my tumblr including some of my favorite pictures of the day:

http://punditz.tumblr.com/post/50317999693/photos-from-ronjstock-5-12-2013-okay-so#notes

2. Firework Performance: I took some pretty cool long-exposure photographs an videos of the firework show. Here are a few pictures, and the videos will show up in a polished film some day:











Things I did on Monday:
1. I wrote a song.
2. Boring Things.

Things I did on Tuesday:
1. Got paid 10 dollar to take a Quantitative Reasoning Assessment.
2. Had lunch with a girl I'm not too close with but really like.
3. Watched "The Bro Code" and had a discussion on how being sexist is a normative behavior in our culture.
4. Sang the Mother's Day song I wrote for my mom via Skype (I didn't sing it to her on Mother's Day because we were both busy).
5. Played Bananagrams
6. Went to 7-11 and Dunkin' Donuts with friends
7. Hung on on the roof of Pierce House with friends until 1:30 am. WOOO GOOD CHOICES.

Things I did today:
1. Went to the weight room for the first time with Alex and Jack. Learned how to do weight-training things so I can fend off attackers in the night.

2. Went to the Auburn Mall to buy blue hair dye with Grace (who will be dyeing her hair blue, unsurprisingly) and then decided to take tacky photobooth photos in the mall to commemorate the last day Grace's hair would be orange (for now, at least).

3. Went to the last {PAUSE} event where one of my professors read his poetry and some of my classmates did dance performances. I then talked to said professor about my trip this upcoming weekend to house near Popham beach that Bates owns. I'll be going up with the Bates Author's Guild, and then we'll be going to the Clam Bake on Popham beach. I will not be baking any clams, however.

Okay, that's about it. Gonna chill now.

Cheers,

Nicole



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE FIREWORKS. Nothing makes me happier than the fact that we, as a species, dig up rare metals and blow them up in the sky FOR FUN.

    ReplyDelete