Friday, January 31, 2014

Welcome back, amigos.


Lauren, my wonderful Spain friend, came to Capitol Hill with us.

Alright, kids.  I haven’t been holding up my responsibilities, and let’s be real: you’re all looking to the martyr to lead the way.  Well, here I am.  I’ve missed you all.

Future wedding invite photo. (IT'S CLAY!)
The semester has been busier than I was expecting.  I ended up with two capstones, one for each major.  And a job, and a paid internship, and a leadership position in my fraternity.  It’s all starting to sound like the lion’s share I took on last spring that I vowed to never take on again.  Oh, history, how you repeat yourself like an ever-faster revolving glass door, spitting me out in the same place but more out of breath than the time before.

Now that that stupid simile is over, we can proceed.

Spain was nearly-zero work, so this has been quite the wake up call.  January’s end is upon us.  School’s going by quickly.  Seems like forever ago that Jason and Kevin were here; I loved showing them “my city.”  We really kicked D.C.’s ass.  In basically two days, we: toured Congress, went ice skating, saw the National Post Office Pavilion, found boba tea by chance, saw the Holocaust Museum, National Air & Space Museum, and the Federal Mint.
Boba tea.
I am having the time of my life living in Apartment 128 with five other wonderful, lovely, incredible young women.  My roommate Alex and I spend our time together planning an impending stand-up comedy routine that is wildly raunchy and offensive and perfect in every way possible.  I will post a video on the blog if it does really happen.  Penis jokes abound.

I've started reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, and it's very good so far.  Definitely has a lot in common with the novel I've been working on, which is why I've delayed reading this one for so long.  But with the impending movie, I figured now's the time.  I’m in a creative writing class, so expect some writing samples from me this semester.

Hope things are going well for you.

-Rachael

1 comment:

  1. Trailer looks awesome, I've thought about taking up the book myself.

    ReplyDelete