Monday, December 3, 2012

Another List, Less Wit

Hi.  Nicole made a list and I'm a trend follower, so here goes.

1. I am reading onto Chamber of Secrets and compiling Harry and Ron quotes that make it sound like they're more than friends.  My favorite example, from page 74:
             “Ron let out a low, despairing groan.
             ‘Are you okay?” Harry said urgently. 
             ‘My wand,’ said Ron, in a shaky voice. ‘Look at my wand—’
             It had snapped, almost in two; the tip was dangling limply.”

2. I applied for an internship with the ONE Campaign for next semester and had just convinced myself that I didn't need to intern next semester (since it had been 8 weeks since I'd applied without hearing from them) when today I received an emailing saying I have an interview.  Yay!
3. My red hair is fading but I will be re-dyeing with the help of Eleanor before break.  Hopefully it will be a Weasley shade this time.

4. I eat ice cream six out of seven days of the week.  This has not yet affected my weight.  I am happy about that.

5. I was sworn in as APO Treasurer last weekend and it was very exciting.  Not really, but kind of.  Now you guys can all email me at treasurer@auapo.net, though I can't imagine why you would need to.

6. I will be home in less than 2 weeks, supposing I survive finals!!  December 15th!

7. This happened.

7. My friends and I went ice skating over the break, on the National Mall, on that "fountain" (turned ice skating rink) that is my favorite spot in DC.  I understand that in this photo we kind of look like demons (red eye), but try to overlook that.
8. While we were there, I tried on this "dog hat," which wasn't really a dog hat but made me look like a dog, in a good way.  Note the completed Gryffindor scarf around my neck.  Lots of crocheting time over Thanksgiving break.
9. Speaking of lots of crocheting time, here is a close up of my lightning bolt cowl.  For those who do not know what a cowl is, cowls are the love child of Mr. Scarfy and Ms. Turtleneck.  They go around your neck like a turtleneck but they're thicker and looser, perhaps like a scarf.  Anyway, this is before I sewed all of the yarn in, but it gives you an idea of what it looks like.

 10. I'm happy here because I've made lots of friends this semester and have generally succeeded at my most important endeavors.  But I'm ready to come home.

11. I just realized I have homework due tomorrow.  Best be off.

12. I also like you guys.

Byes,

-Rachael

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for ice cream.
    Hooray for ice skating.
    I'm glad you've made lots of friends and succeeded at important endeavors. Those sound like good things.

    ReplyDelete