Wednesday, December 12, 2012

It's Finals Week and...

I'm tired but I refuse to consume caffeine on the off-chance I get to go to bed early.  Also I wrote a song inspired by this post that is meant to be sung to the tune of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town":

SHE'S MAKING A LIST
AND NOT CHECKING IT TWICE
BECAUSE EDITING TAKES TIME
TODAY I HAD SOUP CALLED "CURRY AND RICE"
meow meow meow meow someone has lost it.

1. Tumblr is down. I tried to blog about my indignation and anxiety about tumblr being down on my tumblr. But I couldn't. Because tumblr is down. At least I always have the happiness in knowing Blogspot will never be popular enough for it to crash due to too many people being on the server.

2. I need to re-edit my Chinese essay. Also, I need to learn Chinese.

3. Tonight at 7:30 I'm meeting with people from my Anthro 101 class whom I've actually never really met before but this guy in the library invited me to study with them and I accepted his offer because the Anthro professor's tests are AWFUL and his grading is THE WORST and we never actually know what's going to be on the test and his questions are really vague and horribly structured OKAY?!

4.  Right now I'm in commons deliberating whether or not I should get up to get dessert even though I'm not actually hungry.

5. I'll be home on Saturday evening, which will be nice. I plan on exercising every day (indoors, of course) and then maybe going outside to take photos with my SUPER COOL camera.

6. I  had an interview over the phone (we tried skyping but apparently my network wasn't fast enough for the man interviewing me. GOD DAMN LIBERAL ELITES! How dare he want to have a comprehensible conversation with me. Anyways, the interview was for a Summer internship in San Francisco and I really hope I get it but he said that he had a lot of applicants (I hate when I'm not the winner by default) and my interview didn't go exceptionally well. It went okay. I don't want to talk about it.

7. I ended up getting carrot cake, if anyone wants to know. I enjoyed it and now I am drinking a cup of English Breakfast tea (decaffeinated)  because I refuse to partake in the ghettoization of the English Breakfast tea as a tea that can only be consumed during Breakfast. It has RIGHTS.

8. I have been spending a large quantity of my time alone lately. I don't think I've had a meal with another human being since Sunday. And the rest of my time has been spent in the library (alone) or in my room doing work (alone). It's weird. Human interaction is at a minimum but I haven't really been negatively affected by it.

9. I've been in Commons for an hour. This is no good. I was so productive all day, I can't stop now!

10. But I'm definitely going to stop now. At least until 7:30 when I do my study-group thing with the stranger anthropology students.

11. There's this thing called Google Poetics where you try to make "poems" from the suggestions you get from Google as you write things into the search-bar. Observe:



If you're interested in reading more you can go to:
googlepoetics.com

Well, you can't now because it's linked to tumblr and tumblr is down. 
But whatever.

Okay, I think I'm done with this post. I'm going to go back to the comfort of my bed for an hour.

Happy studying,

Nicole 

No comments:

Post a Comment