Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Injury #2

I gotz da homework to do's so this shall be short.
My first real injury in college was the burn I incurred on my fingers which I talked about some time ago.  Now, I have added to my portfolio another injury. A cut on my wrist.  It's more of a missing piece of flesh rather than a cut though. I will include a picture for those who wish to see it, but the gist of it is that my cut is pretty bad and it hasn't stopped bleeding since I got it on Saturday.  I went to the Tang Center (our care center) today and they basically said I just have to continue basic wound care.  They took blood work to see if my platelet count was low because I have been bleeding a lot but I won't know the results from that for a couple days. It's super nice to have EMT friends (Sam and Kevin) who know what to do when this stuff happens, because I get scared whenever I see blood.  I'm really bad when it comes to blood, which makes it very easy for me to cross off doctor on my potential career list.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0bdMue6N2ME/UQdN3bYo7MI/AAAAAAAAAP8/26DIVnX9_Q8/s320/injury.jpg

Today I had my friend humanities discussion and I was extremely disappointed with the lack of participation from the class.  It was 9th grade English all over again. Cricket breeding ground. We'll see if it livens up as the semester progresses.  I mistakenly identified a Mo-town piece as Christmas music.  But I take it as a fair mistake when we only got to listen to 0.5 seconds of it.  Although it's enjoyable reading about history in place of math, I'm a little apprehensive about the course excellence that was impressed upon me.  The music selection chosen for today was:
Knowing that this type of music is characteristic of African American male drag singers from New Orleans did not seem like the most desirable use of brain space.  We will see about this class.

ChemE is awesome.  That is all.

I'm going to get to work now.  This is out early because I know I will be busy with going to the hockey game and what not.  I'll talk to y'all next week then.  

Loveums,

Jason

UPDATE: I guess I'm not going to the hockey game anymore because Amanda is sick. Sadness. $40 dollars down the drain is my thought. Though I shall relate, because my guess tells me someone reading this may side with her, Amanda assures me the money is not what is lost, it is the absent experience of going to my first hockey game that is the real tragedy. Now I can work on linear algebra hw! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you didn't go to the game. Sorta pissed, actually. I hope you get the chance to go again this season. And I hope Amanda is feeling better. Because she is a Ducks fans so I care immensely for her well being and comfort.

    ReplyDelete