Monday, April 1, 2013

Breaking up the Monotony

Hi, all.  My contribution to the blog this week is an idea.

A long time ago, I suggested changing our background to our respective school logos.  Well, this evening I spent about an hour doing just that, but I didn't want to make this call unilaterally.  Below is what I had envisioned for the blog's look.  If you guys like it, (it's okay if not) I will probably edit the background color so it's not white, because white makes the title of the website hard to read.  You guys could pick the background color if we want to change it.

It's okay if you prefer the look of the current page, this was just for fun.  Let me know what you think (as if you guys ever hold back).  I even put us in posting order <3

Happy new week--sending good thoughts your way.
Rachael











Update: I literally just found out that I won the NOAA Hollings scholarship.  $16,000 and a 10 week paid internship with NOAA, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the summer after our junior year.  I am really really excited about this.  My mind is a little blown.  Glad I could share this with you guys.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the scholarship. Wooohooooo!
    As for the background, doesn't matter to me. If you spent an hour working on it, you deserve to at least try it out. Also, Reed has by far the coolest logo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bates College Logo has changed.

    http://www.bates.edu/communications/files/2013/01/bates-bobcat-primary1-white.jpg

    http://www.bates.edu/news/files/2013/01/bates-bobcat-primary3-rev.jpg

    I know it's silly, but I sort of want to new logo on our website. The old one is sort of lame (even though this one isn't that much better).
    Please and thanks?

    ALSO CONGRATS ON THE SCHOLARSHIP YOU DA BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, I can switch them out! I actually think it's a cool logo. So are you voting in favor of changing the background to the logos?

    And thank you! I'm very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes background.

    There was no doubt in my mind that you would get that scholarship. You deserve it.

    Less than six weeks till summer, I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MIT is so lonely without an animal T_T I say go for the change.

    Congrats on the scholarship!! The program looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Raku, I saw this logo with a beaver: http://www.davienadadores.com/nucleus/media/3/20121215-mit_logo.jpg

    But I wasn't sure that you fell into the "engineer" category. And all of the beaver MIT things included the word engineers. But if you have a logo you prefer, let me know (:

    Thanks for the congratulations! I hope it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I stay on my current track, I'll do some materials engineering (very soon, in fact), so it fits fine! The logo you found works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah,I'm voting yes. Let's give it a try.

    ReplyDelete