Thursday, April 18, 2013

Spring Break and Cloudy Skies

Hey guys, sorry I forgot to post yesterday. I went to Portland for the day and by the time I realized I had forgotten my post, I was already asleep (I had a dream that you guys got angry at me for not posting. Who knows, maybe it's a premonition more than a nightmare). But here is a quick synopsis of my Spring Break so far.



 I turned in my last paper Friday night, watched people give each other haircuts, which is when a person sits in a chair and has two people pour chocolate syrup and then some form of peppermint liquor (I'm not sure what type, I wasn't paying attention), and then the person closes their mouth and shakes it around. So yep.

I then spent the rest of the night in Nick S.'s room with Barbara and Jameson and Jordan. We played super smash brothers.

Saturday I started my ritual cleaning which means I threw everything I own into the middle of the room and then sorted and cleaned it all. I have yet to do this with my clothing, though. I'll get around to it.

Most of the week has been spent with Victoria watching Supernatural, going to dinner, and just hanging out. Yesterday I went to Portland and Freeport with Victoria because she wanted to get off campus. We went to the Maine Mall and then LL Bean in Freeport, and then topped off our traveling experience by going to Sea40 to have some sushi. I also ate an unrefrigerated and two day old bagel and cream cheese sandwich when I got home, which caused me to almost throw up when I woke up the next morning. You heard it here first, kids, a college education can not necessarily teach a teenager basic common sense.

Today my friend Mike and I went to this farm called Nezinscot where we had lunch and walked around the farm for a bit. I ordered a sandwich and there was a garnish on the side that, after close examination and consumption, appeared to be pickled fiddleheads. They were enjoyable, though I don't know if ferns can be properly digested by the human body. We'll find out, I suppose. The car ride to and from the farm is very scenic and I quite enjoyed myself. Lots of fields and forests, lakes and rivers.

Overall, a nice week so far. Ashleen, Mike and I are planning on watching "An Education" tonight, so that will be nice. Mike also needs to go to Goodwill to get some new pants, so I plan on joining him there at some point this week.

Alright, sorry for the boring post. I'm just not really feeling it.

Your comrade,

Nicole

3 comments:

  1. What you call a haircut, we call a dirty girl scout.

    Also, they sell fiddlehead ferns up here at a market. I was going to include that in my next (whenever that will be) proper post, but I figure it's more applicable here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Portland and freaked out, then realized it was probably the Portland on your side of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An Education is a pretty good movie- what'd you think? I watched it a couple months ago.

    ReplyDelete