Monday, February 4, 2013

I'm a Photojournalist, Boom!


(If you’re confused at any point during the post, keep reading.  It’ll be okay.)

Hey! Another week gone by. Oof. I don’t really have the energy to write a coherent post (as usual, right?) so I found some pictures that summed up my month and I’ll just write about them... ok? Great.

This is actually from last week, but oh well. Eleanor and I went to brunch at Caitlin and Mariel’s apartment, which as usual, was about 900,000 degrees. And as usual, they impressed us with a spread of scones, breakfast casserole (like a quiche but without crust), some sort of cranberry lime drink (shown here) that was bubbly and very good, and these cupcakes with mild strawberry (really just pink) frosting. The cupcakes were consolation cupcakes for Eleanor, because her grandma just passed away.

 
So these next two pictures are obviously not from school this week. Me and Shane were making each other’s signature faces over break and I was looking at pictures on my phone and decided to include them. I think the family resemblance is a little eerie. I mean… look at us… He’s the taller, male, somewhat beard-y version of me, and I’m the shorter, female, ginger, better-dressed version of him. Except the hat though. That’s the same.

This is a screenshot of the BEST homepage EVER on the AU library page. This year, we randomly had this life-sized plastic sheep outside the library, which has become a weird new mascot. The former mascots were a robot, a ninja, a monkey, and a pirate (all last year. I guess they were co-mascots). So now it’s a sheep. Um, okay? I’m okay with any superfluous HP references, obviously. And so this is Dumblesheep. Dumblesheep, say hello to everyone. Everyone, say hi to Dumblesheep.

This is the building where I intern, and it looks ugly but it’s nice inside.
 
You’re probably looking at these shoes and thinking, “WHAT? What kind of blind person designed these?” Wow, you’re rude. I designed them. I designed them on the Converse website before break, then sent the design to my mom, who bought them for me for Christmas (thanks, Mom!) and had them sent to school. When I opened the box, it smelled putrid, (yay formaldehyde!) but now that I’ve had them for a few weeks they’re wonderful. But they still take 30 minutes to lace up. I can also thank my mom for the poor hand-eye coordination.

This is a guy I met on the university shuttle at one in the morning.  I had a piece of cake from an APO event that I didn’t want, and  as I was walking onto the shuttle, he said (drunkenly but friendly-y) that it looked good, so I offered him a bite.  He ate the whole piece, but with my blessing, much to his less-drunk-more-polite friends’ chagrin.  I didn’t want it, so it was a win-win.  We parted with a handshake and he threw away the plate on my behalf.
 
Look, snow! Snow! Look how majestic my campus is. And to you fellow people in the north (i.e. Derek, Nicole) I know, I know. You’re like “I can see grass, that’s not real snow.” Well, it is, okay? It was cold, and it snowed. I have been initiated into life on the East Coast. Kind of.
 
Look, snow! Snow! Isn’t this a majestic picture of my dorm? It’s little, but I love it. The people inside, meh… mostly, but the building? Absolutely adorable. I just want to hug it all the time.
 
Aww, look at this lil’ guy/rat! I found him, sleeping in the Metro, under the escalator. I brought him home in my pocket and put him in my dead fish’s bowl, which obviously no longer has water or a fish. The gravel is the same though. I’m trying to keep him hidden from the authorities. His name is Guillaume. Don’t ask.

OKAY SO ELEANOR WROTE THIS WHOLE POST BUT I GAVE HER PERMISSION.  The part about the ferret isn't true, the rest is just her interpretation of true events.  She hopes she fooled you.

Also, here are some stories she made up that I couldn’t include in the main body of the post.  Treat it like bloopers.

Picture of the building: This building probably means nothing to you, but to me its very special. It’s the building next door to where my new internship (yup!) is. And the reason I took a picture of it, is because the love of my life is interning there. And when I saw love of my life, I mean this random guy that I saw on the bus on the way to my internship. He was my dream man. Think Ryan Gosling but less built and with a more average face. So, think just a regular, somewhat good looking guy. Just because I take a picture of where he works doesn’t make me a stalker, right? RIGHT?

Actually, the whole Ryan Gosling thing was a lie. The building is the building where I intern. The bus guy was a lie. A figment of my imagination. The internship has been fun though. I feel like I’m doing cool, important stuff.

Picture of shuttle dude: Oh, so this is the bus guy, the love of my life. The Ryan Gosling guy from the bus to the internship. I brought him a piece of cake in hopes of winning his affections. Obviously, that worked. Guys love red velvet cake, I tell ya. I found out his name is Sam.

Again, a lie, obviously, because the internship bus guy n’existe pas (that means, does not exist, in French). What? In reality, I was coming back from a late night e-board meeting for my fraternity, and I had half of a gigantic piece of cake that I planned on eating the next day. But there was this friendly drunk guy (his name was Sam, I didn’t lie about that) who was eyeing the cake, so I offered him a bite. And, he ate the whole piece. Whoops. It’s ok. Less cake is not a bad thing for me.


2 comments:

  1. Fooled me up until the ferret part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same.
    But in case you ever do need advice on illegally keeping pets in dorms, you should ask Patrick Rothfuss. He knows a thing or two about that.

    ReplyDelete