Monday, September 9, 2013

The serpent was more crafty than any other wild animal that the LORD God had made.

Today was my first day of classes, and by classes I mean class, because I only had one. Geology 170: The Dynamic Earth. Kinda a basic geology course. One of the requirements for the geography major is that you have to take one class in the geology department, and this one seems pretty good. We go on hikes during our lab periods. Good enough for me.

You guys are doing the blog this year, right? I don't see very many posts. Maybe you guys haven't started classes yet? I'll give you another week before I start mailing y'all anthrax or something like that.

Last week was a good one. Only fall athletes (for preseason) and freshmen (for orientation) were on campus, so there were never any lines at the dining halls. No classes either. Just running, eating, and sleeping. And games. Specifically Hearts, Settlers, and Mario Kart. Lots of Hearts, lots of Settlers, lots of Mario Kart. Last night two people had nine points, including me, and neither of us won. Very close game. Dammit, Chuck.

On Saturday we had our first "race". Not really a serious race, though. It was a 12k relay. Guy runs 3k, hands off to girl who runs 3k, guy 2k, girl 2k, guy 2k. That makes 12k. Also, costumes. Each team had a theme. Because of an imbalance in numbers, I was part of a team of three, so this other guy named Adam ran with me during the guy parts. Our theme was Adam, Eve, and the Serpent. I wore a green long sleeve and my Slytherin socks. My partners pinned leaves to their shorts/bra. We used an apple for our baton. I stole a Darth Vader mask from Chuck partway through the last leg. Sorta stole. I ended up with it, anyway. Ran the last few hundred meters wearing it. And we watched Episode III on the bus. Forgot about that. Pretty abysmal scriptwriting.

Not much else to report on. I've got maps all over my walls. I carry my water bottle with me everywhere I go. I eat waffles even when I'm not eating waffles. Same old me.

Oh, something cool. CdM now has an ice hockey team. Right here. The Ducks started this high school league a few years ago, and it's expanding very rapidly. Ducks ownership pays for most of it, I think.

Sorry for the boring post.

1 comment:

  1. No anthrax for me, I've posted (now) three times. I'll be using the "inconsistent Internet" card throughout the semester.

    However, I may send you Express Anthrax Mail if I don't see a pic of you and Chuck wearing those awesome hats.

    I love the race theme, and I think you picked the correct role out of the three. Well done, friend.

    Save me some waffles. I haven't had one in what feels like many moons.

    ReplyDelete