Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Garf the Frog King

Every Tuesday we have pledge-ed which is where we check up on all of our pledges (25! Much more than the average number of about 10-11, go us!) to make sure they are learning everything they need to know about the fraternity and to educate them about what we view are worthwhile ideals. Last Tuesday we had a fun little exercise in which we all (all being the pledges + the pledge-ed committee which I am a part of) wrote down the top ten characteristics we value in a person. Then we narrowed it down to seven. Then five. And finally three. The three most important characteristics I value in a person.


My three were: Respect, Self-Worth, and Flexibility.  I was going to go into further detail about why I chose these, but judging by the fact that I'm already a day late in posting and I have a lot of work to do I'll cut it short this week.  Maybe you can ponder them or do the activity yourself.  I found it quite rewarding to have some inner reflection time.  Hopefully I'll be refreshed and ready to write a long blog post next week.  Until then, c'est la vie.

Jason

3 comments:

  1. God DAMN IT, JASON. WEDNESDAY IS MY DAY. IF YOU DO THIS AGAIN THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a Little? I know your process is much simpler/less present-y than my frat. Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete