Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Today I went Canoeing on the Androscoggin

Hello there dear friends,

Today I went canoeing on the Androscoggin, as you might have gleaned from the title of this post. It's important that you know this because now you know that I have exercised today, and therefore I am tired. Also, I just didn't get that much sleep last night because sometimes the night gets away from me. Oh, also also, Bates won the most prestigious British Parliamentary debate tournament in all of the US (and pretty esteemed around the world) at Yale University. I was there to judge and I made new friends and got to see older friends.

So Yale was basically a great tournament in which I got to see Colin, Krikor, Sesenu, Shomeek, Megan, and other peeps who I really like. I also got to judge rounds with well-regarded debater(s)/judges. I may have made friends with said judges by accidentally leading them astray (into the bowels of New Haven) with Google Maps (hush, Derek). But I used my endearing awkward charm to befriend him, and then we got Mexican food together. So a rare successful interaction with a human! Point Nicole.

Here are some pictures of Yale.







Today I went canoeing on the Androscoggin for my environmental class. Below are some photos from it. Get ready for too many photos, because I have yet to acquire the skill of decision making. THEY ALL MAKE THE CUT YAYAY (just kidding, these are like 20 of the 140 pictures I took today). You should look at them all in the high quality slide show format because APPRECIATE THE BEAUTY PLEASE:



























Okay, later skaters. Enjoy your hump day.

- Nicole Danser



1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the pictures.
    I also enjoyed the fact that you got lost by trusting the thing that I told you would get you lost. I'm allowed to feel satisfied about that, right? I think you agree, because you wouldn't have included that unless you secretly wanted to say, "Fine, Derek, you were right." Right?
    Anyway, nice pictures, like I said. I have come to have a greater appreciation for photography recently, mostly because I've figured out it's harder than it looks.

    ReplyDelete