Monday, January 23, 2012

The second theory was that the illness was a curse from the cry of a wronged he-goat.

According to Wikipedia, "Gastroenteritis is associated with many colloquial names including: "Montezuma's revenge", "Delhi belly", "la turista", and "back door sprint" among others."

The college health center recently sent out a school-wide e-mail informing us that many cases of gastroenteritis have cropped up. Including mine. The last few days have been the most miserable that I can think of. I will not disgust you with the details, even though I kinda want to. If Wikipedia is to be believed, and if my memory is correct, this is the same thing that Rachael had in India, and it's also what Zachary Taylor died of. But that was a long time ago. The point is, I don't have the energy to type out the story of my week today. Next week I'll fill you in on what it's like to ski on the east coast (i.e. what it's like to go to the hockey rink with skis rather than skates) and what it's like to run a three kilometer race on a 160 meter track (i.e. what it's like to run a race that's 18.75 laps long). Actually, I won't fill you in on those next week, because I just did this week. Neither experience was much fun. Nor is my current state of health. I will now go wallow in self-pity some more.

1 comment:

  1. Delhi belly IS what I had, and la turista, as I bet you guessed, means tourist, which is funny and aptly named. But yeah having Delhi belly was the sickest I've ever been and I definitely feel for you. Very gross and very miserable. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete