Friday, February 24, 2012

Bed and Breakfastin'

Devin has been here all week and we've had an amazing time so far.  This is going to be a short post because we are at a Bed and Breakfast in Hyattsville, MD.  If you guys ever come to D.C. again you have to stay here.  50 bucks a night for 3 floors of a fully stocked house with three bedrooms and sleeping arrangements for up to 16 people.  Also three cats.  And it's such a cute place and she picked us up at the metro.  She's had people here from around the world, and has a giant map of where everyone has been from.  Last week she had a guy from Uzbekistan, and Derek probably knows where that is.



One of the rooms has a whole bunch of books and the Satterfields would've been delighted.  Lots of science fiction and a wide variety of Tolkein.  All the LOTR (multiple copies), Silmarillion (no idea what that is), and Unfinished Tales all by him.  And we saw The Series Of Unfortunate Events, 1984, The Fountainhead, Catcher in the Rye... okay I love books but I'll stop now.

Anyway, Devin got here last Saturday around 4 PM and we've been having adventures pretty much non stop.  I took the week off work and he's been to all my classes except for a few; he's been feeling a bit under the weather.  But since then we've been to the National Gallery of Art, National Museum of Crime and Punishment, the Old Post Office Pavilion, out to dinner three times (ish, at cheap places.  I AM a college student).  It's been a lot of fun.  Oh, we finished all my paintings and I'll be sure to include the finished pictures here.  He's really good at painting.

We may have time to go back to the National Gallery of Art; we only got through about half of one building because we went pretty in depth.  He has like 75 photos to bring back to Gunnin and his Art History class.  And now he's really gotten a feel for AU.

Anyway, we're watching Modern Family  and I'm loving it.  I ought to go for now.  Sorry this is so short. You guys are great, and I know I usually comment on everyone's post and if you give me till Tuesday I definitely will.  Been trying to keep up but things have been nonstop.

You guys are awesome.  It's been a great week and I'll definitely elaborate soon.

Night.

-Rachael

1 comment:

  1. I liked this post, it felt light and refreshing. My week has been pretty hellish so to know that you're having a great time is making me happy :)

    ReplyDelete