Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Big One Nine

As usual on a Tuesday I'm bogged down with homework that will be due at the end of the week, however this week I'm writing this post before I go to my Wonderworks meeting instead of after.  I'll probably stop and get coffee before my meeting though, so I have approximately 30 minutes to write this post, starting... NOW!

Happy Valentine's Day to start with I guess.  It didn't really feel any different than any other day, but I guess that's what comes with being single.  Before I go on and forget what I just thought of, I'd all like you to check out this really cool video that I was introduced to this week.  Or not, you don't really have to check it out, but you'll probably be a better person if you do.  Not saying that we all aspire to be better people, but you know, the extra attractiveness that one naturally gains from watching this video couldn't hurt.  Ok now I'm done dragging on this pathetic chain of sentences begging you to watch my video in the hopes that you also think it's cool.

So to all unaware, it was my birthday on Friday, and to sum up my birthday weekend in a couple of words (three to be specific): it was fun.  We had an exchange on Friday with ADPi and because I don't sugarcoating stuff, I'm just going to be straight up with you and say it sucked.  The night overall was okay, but the exchange part was terrible.  ADPi showed up with as many girls as I could count on both of my hands. It was quite pathetic.  I got to see Kiara though along with some other friends that made it worthwhile.  We opened up the party a little later and, well I just took about a twenty second pause to think whether it would be worth ranting about something that made me mad last night, and after those long twenty seconds I decided that I still have 19 more minutes and a captive audience at my disposal so why not.

We opened up the party, and one of the first groups of people we (specifically I) let in were my friends from Foothill (its a dorm).  I'm really good friends with about two of them and then the rest are more of acquaintances.  Ten minutes after I let them in I get word that my two friends were kicked out.  Why were they kicked out? I decided to find out.  Apparently there were two reasons they got kicked out, neither which I agree with.  1) We weren't letting guys in yet because we needed to increase the girl number first.  This point was invalidated by the fact that of the three guys who were kicked out (two being close friends) they left in the one guy that they think is "cool" and has potential for rushing next semester, but who I know has 100% no intention of rushing and absolutely zero "friend-points", for lack of a better phrase, with me.  Also, one of the three who was kicked out IS "cool" and DOES have potential to rush so I don't know what people were thinking.

The second point, which I have even more of a problem with is as follows:  "Well, we kicked out the guy (they are referencing the third guy who was kicked out, more of an acquaintance to me than the other two who are good friends) who hooked up with 'period girl'." Now, my argument to why this point is absolutely ridiculous has so many points that I don't even want to count them.  Let's try to though.  1) So... three guys equals one guy? I see that math... 2) (Briefing on 'period girl' to understand this and subsequent points is basically just there was this girl that left period blood on our bathroom floor at one of our parties) (I'm realizing now that you probably aren't enjoying reading this but whatever I'm in ranting mood) so back to 2) Why does it matter that 2a) She had her period oh no boo hoo that doesn't make her any less  of a person 2b) A guy hooks with someone and THEN after the girl makes a fool of herself why does that make a bad impression on the guy.  So frustratingly stupid. 3) Why are you then (you refers to the brother I am currently arguing with) holding up other girls at the door when so called period girl is mingling at the party if you clearly have such a problem with her. 4) It's my birthday, I'm a brother, and these are my friends so why did you kick them out.  5) This whole situation is so stupid why do I have to deal with the superficiality of frats.  ARGHHHHH.

So yeah that was my rant.  Sorry if it was incoherent because I'm not rereading it and I just wanted to get it out of my system.  On a better note, before the party my big bro (Sam Parks, remember) and another girl who always hangs out at the house (Barbara, she's awesome) made me cupcakes for my birthday.  They are basically my two favorite people at the moment.  And the cupcakes were good to top it off. Normally when I received baked goods I thank them more for the thought, but these were thanked also for their deliciousness.  So if you reading this, which I know you aren't, then thanks again!

Yeah, so I'm kinda tired after that rant, I have work to do, and if I'm still going by the time I set before as my pre-allotted writing time I currently have one minute left so I'm going to start by closing up this post.  Two more pictures I have from this (oh shit now I'm in overtime, I hope I get payed for this) week are both from getting food.  On Thursday a bunch of CDM peeps along with Favio got sushi for a combo celebration of mine and Matt's birthday.  And then the other picture is of this Indian/Pakistani place called House of Curries that Kevin introduced me to for lunch on Friday.  They had free tea! And it was free milk tea!!!!!! And the food was delicioso.  So that's about all for my birthday week.  I'm sure there was something more that I'm forgetting- OH just as I wrote this I remembered one of the present's Favio gave me was a music box.  It is pretty much one of the best gifts I've ever gotten. It's awesome.  I'm going to post a video of it after my signature for all y'all to enjoy.


Have a good week!

Jason

Also, because you can't see it in this video, I'm going to include a picture of the inside of the music box.  It's cool.  It uses little raised dots to strike keys.  That sounded lame, but when you play it gives you a lot of joy to see the keys move haha.


2 comments:

  1. The video of you with the music box is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Ever. And that little "yay" you did at the end of the video? I knew it was going to happen right before it did.

    Sam is definitely also one of my favorite people in the world. I'm so glad you've gotten to know him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I didn't wish you a happy birthday. I'm such a klutz. My V-Day wasn't super fantastic. I ate too many sweets. At least my valentine is visiting this weekend.

    I'm shocked that you haven't found a cute chem girl to be your valentine. That's okay though. She's out there.

    Less shocked about your frat boys acting like.... well, frat boys. But I'm sorry they did that anyway.

    ReplyDelete