Friday, March 16, 2012

Back from the dead.


Hey kiddos.

Before I start blogging, just so you know, all of the pictures in this blog are called Cinemagraphs and I think they're cool.  Maybe you've seen them before, but either way, enjoy.


Guess who’s alive?  Me, and you and you and you and you.  Or in the order of the blog, you and you and you and you and me. We are all alive and I am sorry about missing last week.  I had just come back to Southern California, and once I remembered to blog I was in bed and it was past midnight and I was already late so I figured life was over.  But I am upset that I ruined my perfect record, because it limits my ability to be sassy.  Good job being sassy, Jason.  It was well put.

Birthday related!
I’ve enjoyed reading this week’s blogs.  Derek’s next post will fall on my birthday, happy birthday to me.  I’m currently on my spring break if you couldn’t tell by the fact that I am in Southern California.  It has been a good week but a short week.  Today I went on a mountain bike ride with my dad and thought to myself “My friends should do this with me”.  I don’t know if you guys could tell by the brief jaunt in Utah, but mountain biking is really really fun.  This year, our mountain bike team doesn’t have any girls, because I graduated and we switched from being a composite team to a CdM-only team.  Aka we cannot place well because you need points from both genders (and here is MY hockey, sorry I’ll stop talking now.  But seriously mountain biking is fun and we have lots of fun trails around where we live).

I wish I could stay home longer (I’m somewhat of a homebody, I found out after moving across the country), but I plan on really utilizing the last seven or so weeks of school and succeeding in life, liberty and the pursuit of good grades.  Last semester I got a 3.9 but I may ruin that record since I’m taking harder classes this semester.  We’ll see.

This week, I got a haircut, went on a bike ride and a HS league mountain bike race, hung out with Devin (it’s senior project season, and we’ve been working on his SPRP since Sturgeon is useless), hung out with my parents (watched lots of House and Jeopardy!), re-registered for the Jeopardy! online college test (you guys should go for it too, you’re smart!!), and helped my stepmom Maggie set up her new home office with her new environmental research company, which is based in Sacramento.  I am also almost done with my blanket, and I would include lots of beautiful pictures, but I’m at my grandma’s on her laptop, so I don’t get to plug my phone in this week.  So I will be including random pictures this week that I’ll add later on.

Devin got some more college decisions this week.  Our track record thus far: DePaul Yes ($12,000/yr in merit and TBD in need), Loyola Yes ($9000 in merit, $5000 in need based grants), U of Delaware Yes ($6000 in need based grant), Ithaca College Yes ($9900 in loans/FWS), CSU Sonoma Yes, CSU Chico Yes, U of Conn No, SUNY Geneseo Waitlisted, American University TBD, Boston University TBD.  Sorry if that was hard to understand, but yeah.
Meow.

I was planning on writing a better blog, but as I alluded to earlier, I’m at my grandma’s house to celebrate my birthday. Next week will be a 5000 word feature on each of my presents, because I know you guys really care about that sort of thing.  Haha.

Good night.


-Rachael

5 comments:

  1. I thought, "Oh, that would be cool to register for the jeopardy thing!" But then I realized I'm terrible at geography and history which are two topics that they choose more often than most. So I probably wouldn't do that well. Thanks for the compliment though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Register. You might get "Physicists" and "Shrine Circus" like I did -- but you also have a high possibility of getting "Kiddie Lit" and "Going Ban-anas". At the very least, if you don't know final Jep, you can say, "Who is Bartimaeus?" and be badass. Do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just registered. If I win I'll buy you guys slurpees or something.
    I wish you hadn't reminded everyone that your birthday is on Monday because now it will look less impressive on my part when I give you a shout out for it.
    We'll go biking this summer. Pinkie swear. Well, swear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm holding you to that Derek. I will be demanding my slurpee when you win...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! We will have to talk about the quiz after we take it. It's not for another month, but I'm excited anyway.

    Derek, did you actually know it was my birthday today? I'm impressed if so. You're not on facebook so you can't cheat like the almost-fifty people who have posted on my wall can.

    Yay biking. And yay Slurpees.

    ReplyDelete