Thursday, October 4, 2012

WHO IS RICH?!

Hey guys I feel really really bad about not posting so then today I was like "I'll make a video then everyone will love me right?!" but then my brain was like "HEY RICH REMEMBER THAT COLLEGE YOU'RE IN AND PAYING A SHITTON OF MONEY FOR THAT'S SOMETHING YOU SHOULD PROBABLY DO FOR REALZOS".  So then I was like okay then brain we'll do our work but then we're gonna feel bad about not posting our blog post again and my brain said "HEY DUDE BRO LISTEN NO IT'LL BE FINE YOU'LL JUST STAY UP LATE AND POST AFTER YOU DRINK SOME COFFEEEEEEEEEE AND YOU'LL BE FINE!" So that's where I am right now.  Right there.  Okay let's go!
This post is just going to be like the major things that have happened in my life since iunno whenever YOU AREN'T MY SUPERVISOR.

Okay so first thing that comes to mind is this girl

She's okay.  LOL JK SHE'S GREAT OMG SHE'S TOTALLY NOT LOOKING OVER MY SHOULDER FOR THE CODE JUST READ THE PART IN PIG LATIN ESHAY ISAY OSAY EATGRAY AHAY AHAY ISTHAY ISAY ORFAY EALRAY ESHAY'S YMAY AVORITEFAY.

Okay next thing that I'm thinking of is classes.  They're great.  O-chem is super awesome like these labs?!  They're super great.  So many chemicals and I'm learning and wowies I love science it's SO GREAT LIKE WE KNOW ABOUT THE UNIVERSE AND SHIT?!

That reminds me FUCKING CHRIST DO I LOVE FIREWORKS.  THEY'RE SO AMAZINGLY GREAT.  WE HAD SOME A FEW WEEKS AGO AND I CAN'T STOP YELLING ABOUT THEM I LOVE THEM SO GODDAMN MUCH I NEED TO MEOW MEOW

Okay continuing on about classes GODDAMNIT I'M SICK okay classes next would be physics I guess whatever it's lame intro science but whatever I'm like partially interested in that I guess?  Aaaaaaaaaany who

Next is MULTIVARIABLE CALCULUS!!!!!!! I love that subject.  Like guys.  Listen.  Math and I have a special relationship where I LOVE IT.  Except last year I had to "learn" math from some like beard I guess that lived on some old dude's face and just kind of mumbled at the front of the room at me?  And he made scratches on the board with chalk and I was like "I do not.  Know.  What is happening.  IN THIS CLASS." and I didn't do well and I didn't understand and I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY I HAD TO TAKE THAT CLASS I DON'T WANT TO KNOW THEORY I JUST WANNA KNOW HOW THE UNIVERSE WORKS!  Anyway so this year I was really scared about multi cause I was like "I loved calc, but Reed calc is all proofs and I'm not interested in that especially, I just want to know like...how to take derivatives of SURFACES WHOA NUTS." and lucky me I got the GREATEST PROFESSOR.  He has a fuckin ponytail, not a neckbeard, and he's not old as shit, and he tucks in his pants, and he's the greatest.  He like genuinely loves math and teaches it in such a way that I am WRECKING that class and love it.  Like take a look at this.
That shit is a contour plot with a gradient vector field on it.  
The function is a scalar function from R2 --> R.  Basically it takes a point in two dimensions and assigns a value to it.  And by basically I mean " ".  As in that's exactly what it does.  Okay so then my new functions go HEY HERE'S SOME ARROWS THAT'LL TELL YOU WHICH DIRECTION TO GO FOR THE FASTEST INCREASE ALSO HERE'S SOME CONTOURS WHICH MEANS THAT LIKE TOPOGRAPHICAL MAP SHIT?! THAT FO' YO' FUNCTION. YEAH DAWG.  That shit is amazing to me.  Like I enjoy this on a philosophical level.

Okay next class would be my history class.  I have a serious love-hate relationship going on up in this bitch.  Okay so it's an intellectual history class, which means it's not history like (oh by the way it's called History of Technology and Society in 20th Century Europe) "Hey George Washington did some shit or something" it's like "Here's what some lady has to say about technology and humanity and what it means to be human and some other shit.  Also like spaceships?" So like the reading list?  It's amazing.  Some of the stuff we've read has really added to what I think about what it is to be human, and what it means to be a technological or laboring society.  The conference is good too.  I wish more people would talk but that's okay.  The problem?  The professor.  He like interrupts people in our conference, and makes random points, and very obviously (not sure if consciously or sub-consciously) wants to bang some students.  And is also majorly into being an eco-terrorist.  And also he's nuts.  Okay.

So that's classes.  What else has been going on in my life?  This year's freshmen are cool.  Like...they're all so much cooler than me.  And funnier.  So great.  I'm the proudest of them.

Uhh...yeah honestly that seems like about it.  Let me think real quick.  I went on an AWESOME hike the other day, up to a waterfall with a tunnel that went behind it.  Pictures on facebook.  Whaaaat else.  Umm...I feel like I've done more stuff than this...but I really can't think of anything.  I don't know.

I'm glad to be back.  Be happy, y'all.  I've enjoyed reading your posts.

-Rich

1 comment:

  1. YAY YOU BACK.

    That contour plot stuff interests me because, obviously, it resembles a topo map. Maybe knowing calculus could help with cartography. Maybe the two of us can collaborate and take over the world with it. (Same thing we do every day, Pinky.)

    Also, I like your labeling/tagging/whatever you call ut. That was supposed to be it, not ut. I guess I should say something in the subjunctive now. GEDDIT? 'CAUSE, UT?

    ReplyDelete