Monday, October 22, 2012

The Irony of a Homebody IR Major

Yoodle doodle doo.  This song is on Pandora (Mumford & Sons station) while I am writing this.  It sounds nice, so listen to it if you want.





The only evidence that Nicole and I met up.
Turns out this girl loves her family and her friends and her boyfriend and has made a commitment to a lifestyle that will take her far away from those groups of people.  But thankfully I get to save the world in exchange.  Also the reason I bring this up is that I am grateful to have had the opportunity to see many of these people since coming to school in August: Maggie, Devin, and most recently Nicole, all of who fall into the categories aforementioned.  And next month, I get to see my dad, Shane, and my paternal grandparents for Thanksgiving and general adventures.

I'm not really positive what to blog about this week.  I guess I can talk about my weekend.

On Friday night, Eleanor and I dyed her hair a light brown (from dark brown) and watched a movie about a boarding school.  It was a quiet and fun evening spent with my mediocre amazing and nice roommate.  By the way I don't think you guys know what an epic pairing Eleanor and I make.  To give you an idea: in our spare time we harmonize to the Backstreet Boys and start advice column websites.

On Saturday, I got brunch with Nicole (see aforementioned evidence) and then we went to the National Zoo to see the Orangutan's cross their amazing telephone-pole-esqe structure that spans part of the zoo (we didn't end up seeing them do that, but it's okay).  This is what we COULD have seen.... (One of my goals before I graduate):

Saturday night, after coordinating a Krispy Kreme fundraiser that invovled 300 donuts, I went to Guys and Dolls with Eleanor, other Rachel, and Eleanor's out-of-town friend Gaby.  It was really good!  I like plays.

Sunday was pretty uneventful.  It was "Revelation" in APO, when the Littles find out who their Bigs are.  I didn't take a Little, but I supported my APO family, and we got two new members so that's nice.

Bringing us to today.  That's about all I have to report on this week.  You guys are great.

-Rachael

2 comments:

  1. Love that pandora station. And I will be sad that (either I'm assuming this, or I'm rightly remembering that you told me so) I won't be seeing you at Thanksgiving :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid you remember/ assume correctly that I will not be home for Thanksgiving, but as I commented on your post, we shall see one another in December. Sorry and hope you're keeping your head up in Berkeley.

    ReplyDelete