Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall Break Adventures Forthcoming


Hey, fellow bloggers and internet stalkers (not an exhaustive list of people who will be reading this—hey to all of you, too).


Next time I post, I will be in Chicago.  That is probably false because I am a procrastinator, so I guess I should say “Next time I post, I will have woken up in Chicago.”  To stop being intentionally vague, I am visiting Devin from this Thursday through Monday because I have “fall break” aka one day (Friday) off from school.  That is all we get for “fall break,” making it a totally misleading word phrase.  As a result, I’ve been counting down the days until Thursday, and not because of my Art History midterm, which happens to also be that day.  And, to no one’s chagrin, I will be missing class on Monday.  Woah daredevil rah rah.

In other news, pun intended, Eleanor has expressed an interest in making a guest appearance on this blog, and as a blooming print journalist, I think she would have something interesting to say.  I would like to include such a blurb on my next blog.  She’s used to working on deadlines, so you can expect a quality product.  I will properly introduce her at that time.

Me and Eleanor on the Color Run. Not new, just an example of us being awesome roomies.
Moving on without a transition except this one, which is.  A sentence fragment.  In my International Relations Research class, I wrote my first literature review, which is basically a document that attempts to answer my research question.  My research question is “Under what conditions do states develop or adopt sustainable transportation?”  After staying up all night to finish it, then giving up and finishing it in the morning with two minutes to spare, I posted a picture of it on Facebook, dubbing it “my proudest moment.”  Then, Ms. Topping left me a nice comment about missing reading my writing, which was super nice.  I must revise my proudest moment, however, because I got it back today with a big spanking A on it.  And very few comments, which I won’t let bother me.  But I do love comments.  Annotating for the win.

I am sad because I can tell this post isn’t as good as the last post.  I think it’s because I’m pretty drained from all my studying and preparing for my trip.  Everything is good here, though; I feel a lot happier than last week.  The weather is all of a sudden very cold, and I often day dream of Newport, especially because my iPhone has this annoying habit of telling me what the weather is there when I ask it to do so.  Here is a juxtaposition of the weather.


I saw the Perks of Being a Wallflower, and it was really good.  It was directed/ screenplay-ed by Stephen Chbosky, who wrote the book, so it was really similar to the book.  And Emma Watson was the heroine.  Yay!  Also woah want to see something cool? HERmOINE.  See that?  Hermione and heroine are super similar words.  I just realized that, and I bet I am not the first one to do so.  Now I belong to a community of awesome people.  Unlike this blogging community.  Omgloljklmfao you guys are amazing.

Ta ta.

-Rachael

P.S. My grandpa just emailed me pictures of this clock he made, that is self-running using a weight instead of batteries.  It's over 80 parts and is super intricate, and I am super proud.

 

3 comments:

  1. 52 sounds really nice right about now.
    Yeah, that's right. One-upped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That trailer looks good, I'm jealous.

    More jealous that you had the time to see a movie than to actually see that movie, but jealous nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's warm, but there are heavy flurries of seventh graders. You're better off.

    ReplyDelete