Saturday, October 6, 2012

Road Trip!

Hey guys,
I'm writing this on my phone right now, so it won't be too long. I'm on a road trip with my pledge class over our four day weekend. We'll be heading to other chapters of ADPhi and hopefully studying up about the fraternity along the way.

I had my first hell week, which was mostly self-induced. On Saturday, I did a puzzle hunt held by an IT company called Palantir, and a team of us at ADPhi competed for around 6 or 7 hours. Then I watched Shaun of the Dead for the first time. Great Saturday.
Sunday, I got up around 6 to go to Maker Faire in New York. The event is hosted by a magazine called Make, which is all about cool DIY projects people do, and the Faire was a chance to see a whole bunch of this stuff up close. A lot of the projects involved using Arduino processors in cool ways, like a Linux tablet, a keyboard/motion tracking mouse glove, and 3D printers. This, as you might imagine, took up a significant portion of my Sunday.
Now what was happening with my homework during all this time? I had an essay due and first bio test to study for on Monday, and psets due Tuesday and Thursday. Nothing started by the time I began working on Sunday, 10pm.
Lessons learned: start psets at least a day before they're due; don't try to learn the material the night before the pset is due because you've skipping lecture; playing pool is not an efficient way to learn material; interesting things happen when you go out for pizza at 3 am.
Next week, I'll hopefully have some cool stories about pledge road trip!


2 comments:

  1. My name is Raku and my pictures alone are cooler than your all of your posts combined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Raku and I've now learned what college is like.

    ReplyDelete