Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I'll create a title later . . .

I cannot deny it any longer, dear friends. I must speak the truth, and I must speak it now.
 Or maybe later . . .NO, now! You have a right to know.
Right . . . NOW.

Okay, really, now:
I, Nicole Danser, have learned how to procrastinate. Yes, yes. You many all hiss and boo, but know that I did not intend for it to happen. But, alas, college is a place of learning. And I have learned the most common talent of all: how to have fun in lieu of doing work. I thought that by not succumbing to such things in high school, I would be free of the influence of procrastination. However, this frame of mind left me more susceptible to the influences of procrastination than ever before. So instead of eating a ten minute meal and then traipsing back home to do an essay, I end up having an hour long meal and then joining my friends for a game of bananagrams or boggle. Indeed, it does boggle me that I could become a procrastinator so late in my age. But, friends, I believe I have found the root causes of the issue:
1) Everyone lives so darn close to each other
2) Everyone else is procrastinating too
3) It's really easy to do when you don't have the same classes every day

Now do not fret, I have not gone off the deep end just yet. I always get my work done in time. I just have to write an entire research paper over Thanksgiving break. And write a Chemistry essay. Oh, also, I have an essay due tomorrow to. Isn't life fun? Answer: It is when you're procrastinating (Short term pleasures, you will be the death of me).

Alright, I'm going to start my day off on Friday, because Friday is awesome. After my classes I spent two hours out in the cold with a classmate of mine (Julia) for the essay that is due tomorrow. For our essay, we had to go to downtown Lewiston and then the northern suburbs to write observations on environmental racism, structural oppression, the layout of the city, class divisions, etc. It was freezing and windy and I felt like I was catching a cold (Spoilers: I did.) After I finally got back to Bates, I hurried to the building Hedge to play Catan with the debaters. I almost won. I WAS SO FREAKING CLOSE. However, this other couple of players realized they couldn't win the game, so they decided to only wreck havoc on the game. So they stole the brick I was going to use to win the game. AND THEN I DIDN'T WIN THE GAME. RAGE RAGE RAGE.
Aaaaanyways. After that we got dinner and went over to the village to hang out. We weren't there long, however, because there was an acapella performance that we had to go to (because we knew people in it, and also because who doesn't like listening to people harmonize? Quiet, Derek. That was a rhetorical question.) However, when we got to the theater the acapella groups were performing at, it was already full! Taylor, who was at this moment in time slightly intoxicated (and at all moments of time awesome) decided we would follow one of the acapella groups backstage. However, there IS no backstage area of the theater. Only a very very small wall that can hide three people if they lay flat up against the wall. So that is what Taylor, Matt and I did. We were around five inches away from the entire audience seeing us. It was hilarious because Taylor kept on giggling and drinking from her mug (of alcohol) and screaming praise at the performers after they finished their song. It was so much fun.
After that was done, we headed to the Bates hockey game. It was actually pretty fun. We beat Harvard. Hoorah! Also, the game went into overtime and because I read Derek's posts quite thoroughly, I was able to explain to John what was happening and what would and could happen if we didn't break the tie. I was very proud of myself. The game finished and we traversed across campus back to the village and played the drinking game (once again, I did not drink) that is called either "21" or "'ello govna'!". Seriously guys, ask around to see if anyone knows how to play it. Then play it. Rachael, even doing it without drinking is fun. You won't feel awkward at all.
Dancing and singing ensued, and then I went home and slept. The next day I woke up, did work, hung out with friends, went to Saturday Singalong (where we all just sing in a circle), went to the village again, and then went home and slept. The same thing occurred Sunday, except I didn't go to the village or the sing along. I think I played some more board games and then went to a Chemistry review session. Altogether, a relatively okay weekend. On Monday I hung out with Matt and Taylor. We played board games, and then watched Jurassic park. Then I went to sleep.
On Tuesday I played boggle again. I did a lot better. I also worked on an essay (the one that's due tomorrow) and studied chemistry.
Today I took a Chemistry Exam. It went fine? Yeah, it went fine. I think. Errrrr. Yes.

Sorry for the uninteresting post. I'll just make up something false next time. Actually, yes. That is what I'll do. One part of my post next week is going to be a blatant lie. See if you can figure out what part is false. The winner gets to smash an egg on my head.

Your pal,

Nicole

3 comments:

  1. The only egg I'll be smashing on your head will be a confetti egg to celebrate that I'm within egg-smashing distance to you. Also you should be in a cappella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Then I really hope you're the one that finds the lie. Wait, are we writing a post next week? I suppose we still can. Alright, let us do it!
    I think I should be too. But The Crosstones beg to differ. Haha. I'd probably take up too much time, anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crosstones? More like "Mosstoes", aka trench foot, aka WWI soldiers that don't know good singing when they hear it. Btw I totally made up Mosstoes for trench foot and I'm proud of that.

    ReplyDelete