Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November 26th. Cha for Tea. Be there or be square.

I don't know what I really want to talk about this week.  I swear this isn't like a follow the leader thing where all I do is imitate whatever Derek's post is about.  I just really have no extra special things to talk about this week. After typing up that last sentence I made what Favio now refers to as my duckface.  Apparently whenever I relate something that is sad or disappointing I make a "duckface" frown of sorts.  I tried looking up duckface on google images to find a picture in case you wanted some help visualizing this but the images were...less satisfactory than what I was looking for.  My duckface is definitely more of a frown, not whatever those people are doing.  At least I hope its not...


Moving on to a different topic, it was Halloween this past weekend!  I don't know whether your schools are bustling with activity on Halloween, but Berkeley was rather lackluster.  One of Favio's friends was visiting from UC Davis, so I spent most of Saturday hanging with Favio, Brianna (Davis friend), Tori (Favio Cal friend), Kara (Favio Cal friend), and Tyler (Kara's boyfriend from Menlo College).  Foothill, one of the residence halls, was throwing "Monster Bash" which was essentially an enormous dance party.  I had fun.  I was dressed up as "3-Hole Punch Jim" from The Office if you watch that show.  There are some pics on facebook if you wanna check them out.  And if you don't that's cool too I guess.

Uhh, Rachael and I are working on filling out our Amazing Race applications, so I guess that's pretty cool.  I've been browsing some more of reddit and decided I would start a new "Cute Picture of the Week" section.  So without further ado:
Awwwwwwww
Yeah, I know.  You are all jealous and wish you had that bunny. Me too.

I signed up for Phase 1 of my classes yesterday.  Most ChemE majors signed up for Chem4B and Physics7A, however I chose to sign up for Chem4B and Math1B because my brothers advised me that it was a necessity I not get one of the math professors which I would have for sure received if I waited for Phase 2.  I'm a little nervous because as of two hours ago all of the Physics lectures have filled up.  Hopefully I'll be able to get into one of them when Phase 2 rolls around.  I'm kinda scared I might not get the class, but I have already prepared a back up plan of taking Physics at OCC, which I know is transferable thanks to a very nifty website.  Look up "assist" on google and it's the first one.  Useful if you are thinking about taking summer classes.

I wanted to take taekwondo with Kevin next semester, but my current schedule prevents that from being a possibility.  If I get the classes I want, next semester might very well be my toughest semester I will experience at Cal.  Math1B and Physics7A are the top two failed classes at Cal, in that order.  Hopefully I'll be able to deal. I plan on cracking down next semester.

I work well when I keep to a defined schedule, so I aim to, in the next few weeks, commit myself to a somewhat well-defined schedule.  I also want to work out more.  I can definitely tell I've lost muscle weight and gained fat weight, so that's kind of disappointing; I went on a run today though, which I hope to be the start of a committed workout routine.  We will see. Time will tell.

I think that's about all I've got this week.  I feel like I've had an extremely busy week, both physically and mentally exhausted.  I've done a lot of thinking about "stuff" in general, and thus I feel like I should have a much longer post, but sadly that is not the case.  

Love you all,

Jason

P.S. I forgot to put this by the Halloween section, but I saw someone with a Christopher Robins outfit the other day.  Definitely most creative, and I intend to steal it for next Halloween.  That is all.

5 comments:

  1. A costume I plan on stealing for next year is "Freudian Slip", where you wear a slip with a picture of Freud on it. It will awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that face, I don't need a picture.

    Love the Chris Robins costume idea (esp if you could get friends to go as other characters!), and Nicole, that Freud costume is perfect for you. My brother has a shirt with a "Pink Freud" on it (I think), which is a classic rock joke.

    The "My Weight Training Class Has Use" Section:
    This might inspire you to work out: a pound of muscle, even when not used, burns 50 more calories than a pound of fat does, since it's metabolically active (blah blah science). Also try moving around while you're doing other things. And weight training! Then you build muscle and burn more calories and feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha the fact that you know what face that is makes me sooo happy. Happiness beyond what I could express in words. Amazing race here we come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only because you've made it at me before! I say too many weird things to not know that face.

    Can we start working on the Car-pet™ this winter break so we can be the co-inventors of that? Or make some awesome documentary or save the world? Because we need something besides "Cha enthusiasts". And as for costumes for next year, we could do... idk but something that allows for shorts and running shoes. And SUNSCREEN OMG SUNBURN OW. And next year with the map at the beginning of everything we can win. Or at least get all the places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be there on the 26th. I look forward to the cute picture of the week.

    ReplyDelete