Monday, November 21, 2011

Well, I'm Back

I have every intention of keeping this post, like its Samwisian title, relatively brief, and this is because I have every intention plus some extra ones of seeing all of you in the coming days. First off, though, I'd like to draw your attention to the 'stats' page on our blog. It came as a bit of a surprise to me that people have viewed our blog from so many countries, and I feel we've left out our foreign friends. So to our eight Latvian viewers I say sveiki, to our two Brazilian viewers I say ola, to our pair of Danish viewers I say hej, and did you know I'm half Danish? Most importantly, to our whopping 93 visitors from Russia, I'd like to say Ovechkin sucks.

So let's see. Friday was an annoying day. The cab picked me up from Middlebury at noon EST, and I walked up my driveway at 11pm PST, which means I was on the proverbial road for fourteen hours. Fun stuff. I waved in Rachael's general direction when I was landing at Dulles for a layover, but I don't think she saw me considering I was in a plane.

Oh how I missed you, California.
On Saturday I drove up to the SAC and watched our teams compete at CIF Finals. So that was good. That night, if my memory is to be believed (or Sunday), my parents and I watched part of the Cal-Stanford football game and every time they showed the stands my dad would pause it and we'd scour the screen for Jason, Cole, and the K-meister. We were unsuccessful.

Earlier tonight the hockey team that my dad plays on and that I used to play on had a playoff game, but one of their players was sick, so they needed a sub, so whattaya know I got to play me some puck. We won the game 6-4 and I had a goal. Fun stuff. They go to the finals next week. Too bad I'll be back at college.

I think I may owe those of you who are home an explanation as to why you haven't seen me yet. I had a paper due today and I've got another one due tomorrow. In the words of Warcraft III's peons (which Devin Gunay does an outstanding impression of, by the way), "Work, work, work."

No comments:

Post a Comment