Friday, December 9, 2011

If only Harry had defeated Laffer instead.

All of the Econ jokes in this post are original, and I'm proud of that.
This week I actually want to have a good post so I started writing it on Tuesday.  All of you beside Derek will be visiting the "Create Post" page, or whatever this is called, and seeing my draft.  Perhaps reading it also.  I know that when you guys make drafts I always read them early.  It's like Nicole's habit of reading the last word/sentence/page (depending how mean she's feeling) of a great book you're in the process of reading.  Just kidding, Nicole, it's not mean.  Well, it's endearing and mean.  Anyway, I'm doing this because my posting on Friday often means my entries don't have enough time dedicated to them.


Derek talked about his signing up for spring classes.  I got to do so (relatively) early because of AP credits I have.  That means I, unlike some of my peers who perhaps had time to sleep in high school (who am I kidding... I usually got eight hours a night), got all the classes I wanted.  Which were:
  • Education for International Development
  • Intensive College Writing
  • Painting
  • Elementary Spanish 2
  • Microeconomics
Okay, I should modify my previous comment.  I didn't get all the classes I wanted.  I got all the classes I intended to get.  All of you except Nicole were, for at least a brief time, in Mr. Hiles's class with me (Derek, you were before you transferred out of 0 period) and know that I hated Econ.  Hopefully it was the instructor rather than the material itself that I despised.  After all I got a 4 on the test, getting me out of Macro.  Perhaps I will be an amazing Econ student.  Snort.

Speaking of academics and while I'm still boring you guys, I'm thinking of devising another major to add to my International Studies one.  I want to call it Saving the World, but they probably won't let me so I may call it AnthroEnviroEconomics, because most of the classes I'm looking at are in Anthropology, Environmental Studies, and Economics (gag).  Anyway, updates on that later.  And no, I'm not actually planning on calling it AnthroEnviroEconomics.  But that would be cool.  (I considered calling it AnthroMentalEconomics, but didn't want to be redundant, as all Economics are rather mental).  (And yes, entirely parenthetical sentences are cool).

"Do you remember the Shire, Mr. Frodo?"
On Tuesday (okay, early draft readers, that's today) it was really rainy and gross.  I had a Spanish test that I finished early enough to grab a hot chocolate from the Davenport ("the Dav") which, as I've mentioned before, has amazing amazing amazing hot chocolate that they make right there from milk and awesomeness so it has this delicious sweet foam and anyone my sentence ran on nearly as far as Derek does some days so now it needs to stop.  The hot chocolate was good as always, but I get it pretty often so I wouldn't have mentioned this episode if not for the fact that I saw this sign.  The rest of you like to talk about the nerdy people on your campus and I found evidence that all of us either go to the same school or there is a separate group of nerdy people here!  I found this Shire sign on a cabinet where all the compostable, recycled cups are kept!

Last week during Lit class I was somewhat asleep as we watched various Hamlet performances until a certain someone appeared on the screen.  I think you all know who that special, special man is.  I love that he's in a muscle shirt.  Only David Tennant.  And also, I'm waiting till after finals but I just checked and Netflix has Doctor Who on instant, so I will likely watch the entire Tennant part of the series over winter break.  Any and all are welcome to join.

Such concludes on of  my better posts, if you ask me, which for the sake of this sentence I'll pretend you all did.  I'm excited to be coming home in eleven days or so.  Also, as a reminder, Jason has made the decision that we will be posting next week but will be taking a hiatus after that.  I look forward to another week of blogging bliss, as that will be what gets me through finals.  Well, it'll help me not study for finals anyway.

Good luck on all your finals, and study hard.

-Rachael

P.S. No, Jason and Nicole, I did not censor your edits to my draft, just moved them down a bit.

"(JASONWASHEREOMGIMINTERFERINGWITHYOURDRAFTSRRYZ<3METOOIT'SNICOLE&ILOVEYOUSOMUCHRAEBYE)"

10 comments:

  1. I think Nicole and my additions would have been better suited directly in the middle of your post but whatevs.... haha

    And I would LOVE to join for doctor who-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably right I just thought it was confusing for other people who were too lame to infiltrate my draft (just kidding... lame-os).

    Good. Well we also have Amazing Race so we'll see if there's time, but in my opinion there's always times to lose a few brain cells.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post, but I must correct you on one point. I didn't transfer out of that Econ class, I was forced out, which is how I ended up in 5th period Topping instead of 3rd. How unfortunate.

    Also, the fact that people can read my drafts early makes me feel violated. I will now no longer draft, which means my posts may become worse.

    And I know nobody asked me, but I feel the need to state this every time the subject is brought up: I love Mr. Hiles, just not Econ.

    And now I realize that everything I've said is somewhat negative, and I don't want that to be the case, so I'll point out that the Shire sign is awesome, as is the fact that you got all your classes. Also, a painting course sounds really fun. Hope you have fun with that. Can't wait to see you all soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could save the draft on your computer. Or I could promise not to infiltrate your drafts, but we have two other draft-infiltrators. Maybe Jason and Nicole only did that because I titled it "I know this is an early draft, leave me alone". Those two are famous for doing opposite of what I want.

    Keep doing what you're doing with your posts because they're brilliant.

    Yeah, I'm very excited about the painting course. You will all get to see my creations, in more detail than you probably want to. I almost took fencing next semester, I should have mentioned that. When I do, I will finally have a useless but awesome talent. Besides my capability to identify most dog species, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Derek, I will not infiltrate your drafts. You have my word, and my sword, and my bow, and MY axe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My whole dorm is known as the shire. And my laundry room is Isengard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you take the hobbits there often?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That made me laugh.
    Also, after watching that Hamlet thing, remember when Akie screamed "Oh vengeance!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. lolz it shows that you removed your post ^ how embarrassing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha I removed his removed post so now it doesn't. And yes, Derek, I do remember that. Good thing you were in fifth period rather than third to see that. Plus she liked us better, remember? It's all worth it!

    ReplyDelete