Tuesday, December 6, 2011

You Only Live Once....Berry

This definitely wins as the cutest "cutest picture of the week" hands down.


On Thursday I had my last chem lab where we made liquid nitrogen ice cream.  It didn't turn out as great as I would've liked (more soft serve-y than ice cream-y) but despite that it was pretty delicious.  This was probably the only thing worth mentioning that happened in the week days of this week.  The rest of my post will be recounting what happened on my weekend.

This weekend I went down to Woodland with Favio to stay with his familia. We left on Friday, and almost missed our train if it wasn't for Koyla who drove us there after we missed a bus early enough to get to the train station.  So if Koyla is reading this, which he isn't, then thank you sooooo much you really saved our butts.  We arrived in Davis (near Woodland) around 4:45pm, where Brianna (same one from Halloween post) picked both of us up to take us to dinner and then Favio's house in Woodland.

We got dinner at Dos Coyotes, a Mexican restaurant that I had never been to before (I don't think we have one in Newport), and I got a chicken quesadilla that was AMAAAAAAZING.  If you guys ever get the chance to go to this place, I would definitely recommend the quesadillas.  We arrived at Favio's house around 7:00pm (this is just a guess, I really have no clue what time we got there).  His neighborhood is similar to the neighborhoods in Huntington Beach where I used to live.

We didn't go out at all that night, but watched two movies: Sweeney Todd and Burn After Reading.  Burn After Reading was funny, but not near as funny as people had hyped it up to be, and Sweeney Todd was good, but Favio's TV kept on doing this weird darkening and lightening thing at random times which was somewhat annoying.

Saturday morning we woke up (late, 11:00am) and his mom made us breakfast.  Chorizo burrito for me, and "egg-potato" burrito for Favio (I don't know if I've mentioned he is a vegetarian?).  Now, to go off on a random tangent, I will now describe Favio's room.  And by describe Favio's room I mean I will describe two similarities between his and my room and show you a picture of one object.  Favio and I have the same type of fan (ceiling fan) and he also has a lion king pillow that I used to have as well.  This may not come across as really significant over this blog, but it was kind of strange to discover so many coincidences so fast.
And this I just thought was cool and decided to take a picture of:
Or worse, expelled!
Then, after breakfast, we went to The Galleria, one of the more popular malls to go to in the area.  It was quite different than our malls in the sense that it was an indoor mall and not an outdoor one, but was similar to some of the indoor malls in Huntington Beach such as Westminster Mall (except The Galleria was nicer).  I found an Orange Julius place, and for nostalgia sake (my mom and I always used to get these drinks when we went to Westminster Mall) got an original Orange Julius.  Sooo good.
I wonder if this image is illegal to post because I took a picture of that woman without her consent...
I bought two pairs of board shorts at the mall.  You may be thinking, "WHY WOULD YOU BUY SHORTS, NOT TO MENTION BOARD SHORTS, WHEN ITS WINTER (ESPECIALLY AT BERKELEY)!?!?!?!?!?"  And.... you have a point.  BUT, I really liked these board shorts.  I have been looking for board shorts that aren't some crazy pattern (this isn't as hard to find as my second criteria to fill, but nevertheless it is a criteria) and sit right above the knee. I don't know if you guys realize how hard it is to find board shorts that sit right above the knee.  All of the board shorts I look at always are too long for my liking, so because I found these I decided to splurge and get them.  Plus, they were buy one get one free (hence why I got two).

After we went to the mall, we went to Costco to go and raid all of the sample booths.  That was fun.  The Costco there had SOOOO many sample booths, and thus I was quite satisfied with the amount of food I was able to obtain.  Que the happiest picture of me in Costco:
Little kid who just wants to go home but his parents won't let him...
Brianna picked us up later that night to go to Davis (Omg I just skipped the whole part where we returned to Favio's house and chilled for the remainder of the afternoon until nighttime.  I think you'll deal.  Just know that there was a lot of punching going on in the car ride.  This family plays the license game like none other.  I'll bring you along next time Derek and you can destroy them all.).  While at Davis, we got Vito's Pizza (which was good), and visited Ashley Wolf (I don't know if any of you know who she is) and Kimberly (Billett, yes you should know who this is).  It was nice to see them.  Davis is extremeley different than Berkeley in the sense that it has a "campus" and isn't just smack dab in the middle of the city.  

Favio's parents drove us back to Berkeley on Sunday, and reflecting on my time over the weekend, I had an amazing time meeting Favio's family and hanging out with him.  He continuously told me that Woodland was going to suck, but I disagree.  I had a lot of fun and would gladly return to it again.  I can't wait for him to visit me and then I can show him all around Newport in our white-conservative glory.  Woot! Woot!

I propose that this be our last posting week because Derek and I have finals next week and (not knowing the rest of your schedules) I will assume that the rest of you are also busy (either with Finals or studying or even possibly done with school).  I also think that we should take a hiatus (love this word) over the break on posting, because I just see the quality of posts declining greatly.  I think if we took a break, our posts upon return would be that much better (I realize this phrase doesn't make grammatical sense, but I think you understand the phrase "that much better").

Love you all and hope you do well in your finals,

Jason

P.S. Tori, one of Favio's (and I guess now my) friend, has been pestering us the past week to give her her CD that Favio had (at his house in Woodland).  Let's just say I'm surprised at the level of our Regent's Scholars' spelling skills...
Tori's CD, title included...

4 comments:

  1. Ah, the license plate game. My forte. I don't even bother playing it back here because the states are like two feet across so the number of punches would just be overwhelming.

    This little part amused me: "ITS WINTER (ESPECIALLY AT BERKELEY)!?!?!?!?!?" Why, you ask? Because according to my weather app, it's 50˚F in Berkeley right now, and all I have to do to see snow falling down right now is rotate my head about 120˚ to the right. So you go ahead and buy those board shorts.

    I see you got a hair cut. I figured that out after I dried off, because I was swimming in your eyes.

    As for posting next week, I don't mind doing it and I don't mind not doing it. I might just do a short post complaining about the simultaneous existence of cold weather and unopen ski hills here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jason that the effort put into posts and the effort of responding to them has declined. If these things will improve with a hiatus, then I'm fine with that.

    Jason, the bear is very cute. I'm glad you Favio adventure went well. Derek, it is precipitating here but it's slightly more liquid than your precipitation, and I think I'd prefer snow. Not making light of your situation, because it is also close to fifty here (46).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long as we're comparing, 38! With mornings usually in the low 30's.

    ReplyDelete