Friday, December 2, 2011

Longest Week in History?


D.C. sunrise-
Hello, fellow bloggers.  Happy Friday.  I had a formal tonight for my fraternity, and today is Devin’s birthday, and ten thousand more things like a group project due tonight and two hours of work and lot of other stress-enducing things.  So that’s why this post is so late at night.  I had fun at the formal, but I feel like I ruined Devin’s birthday so it’s hard to know if it was worth it.  I wore my roommate’s too-small dress to the event.  Rather it is too small for her but fits me.

This week has been super long and stressful.  I landed Tuesday at 5:15 EST, or 2:15 PST, the time I had grown used to during my time on the West Coast.  I took a cool picture of D.C. as the sun went up.  It didn’t come out as cool as it was, but few things do.  Since then I have had mostly nineteen and twenty hour days, trying to help Devin get into college and do all my homework and survive life.  But I made it to the weekend so things will pick up.

Highlight of the week- watching David Tennant play Hamlet in lit class (again), and finally making Devin smile on his birthday.

Highlight of the week part two- My mom got two kittens and also told me she'd be able to cover my next semester's tuition so I won't have to take out loans until next year.

There are fraternity formal pictures but I won’t put them here.  They will go up later.  Good week of posting, everyone, you guys did a good job about recapping the week.

To end my post I will say I am in the process of signing us up for AdSense but it doesn’t seem to be working, it has thus far just made blank annoying boxes on the blog.  Hopefully the situation improves.

Dev and I at the cat adoption place
Good night for now, here’s to a good weekend.

-Rachael

Dev and I at the cat adoption place II
P.S. Happy wishes to my birthday boy. <3 I'm sure that your belated birthday present will be the swift and painless acceptance into all your colleges, and can't wait to take credit for it.


Dev wearing the birthday shirt I got him before I left Newport.


7 comments:

  1. Wait why are we being signed up for AdSense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We WERE signed up for AdSense (I see you've removed it) because we had almost 2000 pageviews last month and have been getting over sixty daily for a while, to an international audience, so I figured there was potential to make money. I brought it up at cha and no one cared if I did it. I don't see why two ads on our page is a big deal. Obviously we were going to split the money five ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay. Nobody ever mentioned it to me. As long as their not obtrusive I'm okay with it. You guys can split it four ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were mentioning other things I guess. I don't need to keep it on it's not a big deal. You haven't been very supportive of making money on this blog, seeing as you didn't say anything about me going out for the scholarship and all. How come?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iunno, it's not why I joined. I don't care if it happens, I'd just like to be talked to about things. I'm literally totally fine with it otherwise, I just dont want any of the money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand what you're saying. I can see where it can be interpreted as "selling out" or whatever. I just saw the number of pageviews (123 today and it's only 9:30 AM your time) and saw the potential for it and I am less than optimistic about the whole scholarship thing working out. I rest my case. I will not ad AdSense to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You misunderstand. The only reason I didn't like it was cause nobody talked to me. I have adblocker. I won't even see them. If you want to do it and nobody else cares, it makes negative difference to me.

    ReplyDelete