Friday, May 4, 2012

Updated: "Final D.C. Post?!" to avoid murder and sheer dislike

Hi, all.



So here comes another short post in Jason's model.  I have a final in the morning, so y'all just get a short paragraph tonight and then I'll update it tomorrow.  I really am not trying to be lazy.  I had to pack up my dorm room tonight to put it into storage tomorrow, and I'm leaving for Southern California on Monday morning.  Can't wait to be back (=


Expand soon.


-Rachael

Okay, so maybe I didn't expand soon. But you will all forgive me because I am a dedicated writer/very awesome. I have had a hectic week, but so have we all so I won't make excuses.
I've had a very Pride and Prejudice-themed few weeks. I even catch myself saying things that belong in the period, I'm that engrossed. Between the vlogbrothers' P&P series, watching the Kiera Knightley version (a lot more accurate than I anticipated, though that’s not saying much), and listening to the whole book on audiobook (sometimes reading along), I’ve pretty much exhausted every type of media that I can enjoy it in.  Except for like a play or a… graphic design mock up?  I don’t know.  Regardless, (hopefully Ms. Topping has given up on reading this post), I didn't quite finish it in high school, and I'm glad I did now.
Anyway, I’m sure you’re all wondering—how is California?  Well, loyal bloggers, it seems pretty much unchanged.  They’ve made a lot of progress on the eyesore that is the new church across the street (my family had a stern talking to God about that one, because it blocks pretty views of Fashion Island or whatever the hell we used to see behind it).
Last weekend I had to, like you east coasters probably will have to, decide what percentage of my college life to throw away.  Everything either has to be stored, shipped, or thrown away.  And the last one is the only one that’s free.  So that’s what my weekend looked like, and I also had a final on Saturday.  So here are the excuses I said I wouldn’t be making.
Since I’ve been home (landed 1:30 PM on Monday), I’ve caught up with the family and Devin, which has been great.  I’ve also done lots of nerdy things that each one of you will appreciate in different ways: watched Jeopardy!, played Warcraft 3, played Skyrim, and received Settlers of Catan for my birthday from Devin (good taste in women and board games, I know).  I also listed 60 of my brother's manga books online and have already sold three.  Which is a bit overwhelming haha.

I don’t want to give too much away because I am blogging again in 48 hours, where I will expand on the philosophical impact that the end of freshman year has had on me.  I think I was the first to college, so it’s fair that I’m the first home, I suppose.  Nah nah nah.  However, Jason, we should get tea when you come home on the 12th.
Bye for now.  Sorry for my tardiness.
-Rachael

3 comments:

  1. I would never be this irresponsible with my posting schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 12th we shall get tea and it shall be glorious.

    ReplyDelete