Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wednesday is a popular day to post, eh?

Upon writing my little draft this week that I do before every post to determine what I will talk about (I guess it's more of an outline then) I was confused as to what actual happened this week.  Normally this confusion stems from what I do on the weekdays, but this week was different.  This week I knew exactly what I did on each weekday and what was confusing was that I had no recollection of the weekend.  Now, after five minutes of pondering I still cannot figure out what I did this weekend.  Strange.  Well, my weekdays have been packed with activities because as some, but probably not most, of you know this was my last week of classes and thus I am done with my first year of college classes.  I still have finals in a week, but wow time really does fly.


So, because I have to leave soon to go to lab I am going to go through a chronological sequence of events in an unoriginal and boring manner.  Also, my last two posts have drained me of literary creativity.  To give a little background on this week so you know the context of why I am so busy with non-school activities, this week (the week I am posting in) is our R-R week or dead week or whatever you want to call it-awesome week.  We have a week of no classes that precedes finals to help us study.  It is essentially the most awesome thing ever.  Last R-R week I was slaying dragons in the realm of Skyrim, so I'm hoping that I get to be more productive this week.

Exhibit A
Wednesday!  That was a creativity-lacking transition wasn't it... I told you this was going to be more bland than prior posts.  So Wednesday I went to class.  Then, after class I went back to the gelato place that I raved about before with Favio, Talia, and Kolya.  It wasn't as good as last time.  They didn't have the Earl Grey tea flavor, and I was quite disappointed.  I got honey chamomile tea and it was a little too sweet for my taste, but if you are Rachael or Devin or Kevin you know that I either (for Rachael and Devin) like my tea "less sweet" or that (for Kevin) like EVERYTHING less sweet.  So yeah, it was a disappointing trip as disappointing as a trip to get gelato can be.  When I got home I saw what was a representation of how sometimes I feel disgraced to live in this country.  Exhibit A.  I feel there is no explanation as to why all of those comments are in the wrong.  And to Rachael, yes I have seen that, Cole was watching it and I was intrigued so I decided to eaveswatch.  Twas enjoyable.

Thursday!  You guys are spoiled with these transitions.  So on this fine day I had a glorious time at the last Challah for Hunger event, braiding delicious Jewish bread.  I even took a picture of my masterpiece.  After an entire semester of braiding bread I have finally achieved success in creating visually appealing challah.  After that, I headed off to the library for a long night of homework which was to be my last long night of homework for this semester because the following day was....

Friday!  But more importantly, my last day of class in my Freshman year of college.  So I went to my remaining classes which turned out to be boring so there is really nothing else to say about that.  After class, I basically hung out with Kevin the entire day.  First, we decided we wanted to play badminton, but were sad to discover that we had to bring out own birdies.  So, we went on an epic quest to find birdies only to turn up empty-handed because the one sport store that we knew would reliably sell birdies had closed thirty minutes prior to the beginning of our journey.  Thus, what came naturally after failing to work out (badminton is kind of working out) we decided to spend Kevin's mealpoints and eat fatty food.

So Kevin and I each got a large bag of pita chips and munched on those while we walked up to SigEp (Kevin's frat) to see the room that Kevin would be living in next year.  This was the first time I saw the inside of Kevin's house so I was quite excited.  Unfortunately, this night of room discovery was also the same night as their date party (for those who were confused this is essentially what it sounds like.  A party where one invites a date in which the attire is formal.  Basically prom) so there were a lot of people pre-gaming at the house.  This unfortunately led to many awkward encounters in which Kevin was bombarded with questions as to why he was not going to the date party by a bunch of drunk people while I awkwardly stood beside or behind him (once outside on the front porch) not knowing anyone.  It was quite awkward.

After I saw Kevin's house I decided to take him on a tour of my house because we were going to need to know each others houses anyways since next year we'll be living in such close proximity that we will likely be spending a lot of time at each others places.  That was way too long of a sentence but whatever.  My overall house comparison is that Kevin's is in a better location and looks nicer from the outside but my house's upstairs is preferable because it is more open and doesn't feel like a big maze that I could get lost in.

So with that, Friday ends, and we will skip right on ahead to Monday because, even after one extra day of thought, what I did over the weekend still eludes me.  On Monday I woke up at 12:30pm. I proceeded to go to Underhill field to throw around a frisbee with some people.  After deciding that the weather was more than suitable for a trip to the pool we left the field to go to "Strawberry Canyon Recreation Pool."  Until this day I was unaware that this pool was open for free to Berkeley students.  Free stuff is always nice.  So we lounged around in the pool some and then headed back to the house where I proceeded to watch Duncan play video games for a long time before heading to dinner (Indian food) with him and Kolya.  After dinner I played this video game called Journey with Duncan which was entertaining, and then Diablo 3 with Kolya, and then headed off to bed around 2:30am.

And now we come to Tuesday.  Tuesday was unexciting except for the fact that a) I worked out (with weights) for the first time since summer and b) I had my date party.  The date party was pretty fun.  Normally date parties are for the brothers with girlfriends or for ones who have crushes (I like to think of college sometimes in terms of elementary school social relations because I find there are far too many parallels than should be expected) on select girls, but because I neither have a girlfriend or a girl I particularly am crushing on at Berkeley I decided to just ask a friend by the name of Becka.  We went to Gather and had a nice dinner and then proceeded to chill at the house for a bit before departing to get Cream and then go home.  It was overall pretty fun, but the whole "date party" schmooz could definitely be improved upon.

Sorry this post is so late, but I just couldn't find the time to write what I wanted to write.  Hopefully this won't happen again.  I don't know whether I'll be shortening next week's post in the interest of finals, but we'll see how it goes.  I hope I'll have time.  I'm kind of worried about finals this semester though.  Let's hope for the best.  To all who have finals, I hope they go well.  See you next week!

Jason


4 comments:

  1. "the weather was more than suitable for a trip to the pool"
    Grrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Tuesday was unexciting except for the fact that a) I worked out (with weights) for the first time since summer" I would like to point out that this sentence is silly. Because working out in any sense is not exciting. Ever.

    Well, maybe if you were benching puppy-zized elephants or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you've pointed out that your last two posts were epic.

    Jealous-ish for the dead week thing. We only have one day off from finals (though you may have more than one off, depending on how they fall. For instance, I didn't have any finals Tues or Wed, and my "finals" today were just turning stuff in. I'm jealous because it's nice to have a week off, but not jealous because I try to convince myself it means I get a week of summer instead, which I would prefer. However, I think a "dead week" makes finals scores fairer. Because of the lack of break between school and finals, I haven't had enough time to properly study for some of my exams.

    Also, nice Devin tea citation. Loved it. I'm a little confused about this: "And to Rachael, yes I have seen that, Cole was watching it and I was intrigued so I decided to eaveswatch. Twas enjoyable." When you say "that", what are you referring to?

    I must say that your posting the LB diaries two weeks ago or whenever it was has put me on a P&P rampage. Or partially, anyway. My friend wanted to watch P&P with Kiera Knightley, so that helped fuel the flame, but I'm now on Ch. 30 of audiobook P&P and loving it!! So thanks.

    Nice bread! And badminton is soooo fun, as long as you're playing the "I'm hitting the birdie your way" way because otherwise it's mean and horrible.

    Good luck on finals. Try to find time to either provide the blueprints to your house, a verbal layout, or Sims design it for our viewing pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The reference to you was what you commented on my draft about JF and BO. I use initials not to confuse you further but to further perpetuate our exclusiveness.

    That house blueprint idea is a great idea! That will be the topic of my next post, along with an introduction to all my brothers! Yay!

    ReplyDelete