Friday, May 25, 2012

Sunday, Monday, Happy Days...

Hello, all.

Well, despite my attempts at hanging out with some members of this blog, Monday and Tuesday have thus far eluded me.  I have seen Kevin (we played Settlers with Devin.  Kevin won.), but that's it thus far.

If you are/were wondering, the business is going well.  This week Devin and I put together a desk and I walked some more dogs.  Expect to see me on the next Fortune 500 cover. Jump!


I went on a run yesterday for the first time in a long time.  I ran slowly, but it's me easing my way back into shape, hopefully.  I made it 2.18 miles in 20 ish minutes, averaging 6.3 mi/hr.  What is the opposite of jealousy?  Pity?  That's what Derek's feeling right now.  But it's okay, Derek.  My new running shoes are prettier than yours, and running is all about ascetics.

Last weekend was the High School Mtn Bike League State Championships, as we previously discussed.  They were a lot of fun.  They were in Los Olivos, which perhaps Derek has heard of but otherwise is just a small place on a detailed map.  But it was by Los Padres Nat'l Forest and we enjoyed our trek with Mr. May.  All my time out in the sun walking dogs, cheering on biker children, and passing out fliers has given me a series of sleeve tan lines so I look like layers of the earth or something equally epic.  I've been told it's a good look.  It was very hot that day, so I did a lot sitting, eating, and reading.  So much, in fact, that I read an entire 294 page book that day.  I rock.

I'm not feeling like there's a whole lot else to say.  Devin passed his senior project with flying colors.  My brother did, too.  Tonight, Devin and I listened to a comedian named Pablo Franscisco who I found very funny.  I made a Pride and Prejudice inspired Sims family- Lizzie and Darcy with triplets Jane, Catherine, and Bennet (girl, girl, boy).  It's quality stuff, never fear.  Nicole and I play that game opposite-ly.  I like to force my characters to live in poverty until they work up to relative success and afford a meager living.  She showers them with money and riches and builds them beautiful houses.  She is a more just god.

I hope you guys are enjoying your time home and look forward to maybe seeing you soon.  Jason especially seems to be Mr. Social Butterfly despite his deriding me "avoiding" him.

Enjoy the long weekend.  (Ha, I meant Memorial Day, but I guess we've only started the longest weekend of our lives- summer!  Sweet bliss!)

-Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment