Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Good Day for Tea

Surprisingly, I do not have a lot to say. I've gotten quite accustomed to life at Bates thus far. It almost seems like I've lived at Bates for a few months already.
Originally in this post I described my usual day and facts about my classes. But it was really boring. Instead I'll talk to you about my extra curricular activities, which also happen to be boring.
So, I went to the activities fair in one of the gyms (lovingly referred to as "The Gray Cage") where all the school clubs assemble to hassle young, impressionable freshmen into joining their club. It's nothing like the CdM club rush. This fair is SCARY. It is noisy and crazy, with upperclassmen screaming at you and waving signs, putting papers into your hands, and blowing whistles. I signed up for a few things, but I'm only going to talk about one of activities I signed up for. First, I signed up for the Debate team. It's awesome. On my first day, the older members debated upon whether JFK, if given the choice, should release 1000 velociraptors upon the USSR. It was hilarious, and well articulated. At the end of the debate, they opened up the argument for the audience, and I stepped up. I talked about the biological side of the issue. Mainly, the fact that the dinosaurs would die quickly due to the fact that our atmosphere is quite different from what they're used to. And they would choke. And die. Aaaaanyways, If I stay dedicated to the club, I have the chance to travel to England and around the world for the international college debate competition. That would be awesome, right? Too bad I have no idea how to debate. These are the moments in my life where I wish I was as good as Rich at making BS sound like words of pure wisdom.

Now for a nerd rant (and at this moment you're thinking "Nicole, you just went on for a paragraph about Debate Team. All you've been doing is nerd ranting." And to that I kindly say "STFU". Ah, Debate Team has taught me so much about articulate elocution, can't you tell?).
The first order of nerd business is Doctor Who. Currently in my possession are two FREAKING AMAZING posters of Doctor Who theme. I have also watched three new episodes of Doctor Who since my arrival at Maine. I am happy to say I enjoyed them, though maybe not as much as I could have.
The second order of nerd business is the fact that I have now met two nerdfighters on my college campus. We have bonded over our love of all things nerdy (read: spectacular). I have also turned one of your own ( non-nerdfighter folk) into a nerd fighter. I am just here to inform you that we will slowly but surely take over the world.
And finally, the last order of business on the nerd agenda for the day:

I GOT INTO POTTERMORE!
*Blasts Hedwig's Theme*
BaNA na na NA na NA NA, na na NA NA na NA!
It probably won't live up to any of your guy's expectation, but I thoroughly enjoy sitting back, relaxing, listening to the Harry Potter soundtrack, and clicking through the magical world we've all come to love and cherish so much. I got my wand last night. It's quite a rare combination. Vine (very uncommon) and Phoenix Feather (the rarest, good friends!). 10 3/4 inches (I would have liked it a bit longer, but such is life. Also, that's what she said. [ Rachael: It was away, it was in a box!]). Tonight I plan on taking my sorting hat test. I'm willing to be sorted into any house, as I think they all have their strengths. For instance, Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders. (A Very Potter Musical? Anyone? No?).
And lastly, some sad news about my life. This paragraph is for those who enjoy to bask in my misfortune. I got callbacks from the acapella group I tried out for (wait, isn't this good news?) but I didn't get in (ah, there it is!). I don't mind too much. I had fun singing. Another bad thing that has happened is that is seems that I am coming down with some kind of sickness which includes stabbing stomach pains and a sore throat. Do not worry, I have taken up tea-drinking (Mostly because I'm a Hogwarts student now. Which is in Britain. And British people drink tea. I know, I know. I was surprised to find that out too.) And the saddest piece of information yet (Rich, get ready to have your heart broken.) My cat, Shotsy, died. She was old. It was expected. But I grew up with her since I was 4, so it's a bit sad to know I won't be coming home to her.

So that's a good way to end a blogpost, right? Haha. Sorry.
Oh hey, I know something that will end the blog post on a pleasant note!
I can have soft serve ice cream and dessert whenever I want!
Please do not comment on my weight gain when we meet up again.

I'll update you on the Hogwart's House information,

UPDATE: I'm a Ravenclaw! No sassy remarks on how I shouldn't be due to my ineptitude with the English language. I don't re-read my posts. Deal with it.
Nicole

3 comments:

  1. 1) So far, the qualities attributed to me have been loud, obnoxious, angry, and good at BSing. I like it.

    2) But...kitty... =( </3

    3) At Reed we have the "Freshling Plague". It comes every year in late september when every kids bacteria from all across the US form together into one giant ball of deathteria. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely way sadder than Rich about Shotsy. I have spent so much time with that cat! So there.

    Also I'm not officially a nerdfighter but I've watched a lot of John Green's vlog stuff and I've read An Abundance of Katherines and all. So if you die, I'll take up your post. So I can be a lieutenant nerdfighter.

    Yes, I have seen Very Potter Musical ("What the hell is a Hufflepuff?")

    ReplyDelete