Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Oh Herro!

Tuesday: The second day of the week. The... now here is where I thought I would put all my memorable Tuesday experiences, finishing with a, "And now the day of my blog post." Sadly, I don't have any memorable experiences that have happened on a Tuesday. Tuesday isn't the day where I had my first kiss. It isn't the day when I decided I would be going to Cal. It isn't the day when I first got drunk, although Rachael might want it pointed out that Tuesday does rhyme with Booze-day. It isn't any memorable day to me because, well nothing happens on Tuesdays. But I guess now it is the day I am to post in this blog of sorts. So starting now, I guess Tuesdays do have meaning.

To begin, I will preface this post with a disclaimer that it is probably not going to be as good as Derek's post which I have yet to read but assume to be quite entertaining. I thought reading his post might make me think of myself unworthy to post on this digital forum for all (mainly the 5 of us because as Nicole pointed out no one else will be interested in our lives) to read. The good news is, as I said above, that I have not read Derek's post, and am thus quite excited to be writing this now. I am excited to be reconnecting with my high school friends who I do feel the absence of though it has only been a couple weeks. People generally say that college is where you make the majority of your friends that persist into your adult life, but I have a hope that those college friends can also be joined by some from my high school days.

Ok, now down to the nitty gritty. I don't really want to go into anything too specific in my first post, I feel more like it should be an introduction of what is to come. A small glimpse at all the, hopefully, fun and interesting stories I get to share with you. Therefore, I won't go into the 2 male friends from Texas I have made who are conservative Christians yet slap each other on the butt and stroke each others thighs. I won't go into Cole's OCD that I see evidence of almost daily or the fact that he has a flatulence problem. I won't go into the girl that I have found most...interesting, and how her name is quite ironic. All of these can be left for another date, specifically another Tuesday.

What will I tell you in this post then? Basically, that I am wholeheartedly enjoying my new life at college. I love the freedom to do whatever I want and to go wherever I please. I love my Chemistry class taught by an Australian professor who writes in 5 different colors of chalk in the neatest writing I have ever seen. I love having the ability to eat at any time, and frequently at that. There are so many things that I am loving about it, and I can't wait to see what other new experiences I am able to participate in.

So yeah... Hey! I'm still alive! I can't wait for all the interesting stories I am sure all of you will post throughout the year and I apologize if you would've liked a longer post by me but I will surely make up for it throughout the year. I'm going to focus on each post being about something specific and having all the details about that one thing, rather than taking you through a tour of my experience week by week. You would probably get tired of me complaining about math homework otherwise. Which, coincidentally (except not really at all) I am now about to do. Can't wait to read everyone else's post!

- Jason

3 comments:

  1. This needs a Tuesday tag! Also "I won't go into the girl that I have found most...interesting": you can go into her even if you don't tell us about it. (Is Rachael really going to make a sexual joke after EVERYONE's blog post? No. Sorry.)

    Nice post and glad you're alive and have an amazing professor. Good for you doing your homework before the last minute like I have to go do now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Cole has a major flatulence problem. I don't think I warned you about that, and for that I apologize. He doesn't make a point to do it in your face though, does he? That's his preferred method of attack with family members; hopefully he restrains himself somewhat with others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked your post, Jason. You are a great wielder of words.

    ReplyDelete