Thursday, October 27, 2011

HELLO FELLOW YELLERS!

The other day I was thinking about how I should write a post like how Jason or someone usually writes theirs (essentially, without yelling).  Then I realized that THAT'D BE FUCKING HARD.  Anyway, sorry for the post so late in the night, but I just finished taking a chemistry practice test.  (91% WOOOOO!).  Okay, let's go.


FRIDAY LAST: I was still at home.  As it was my last day, I made plans to see Brian, Alec, and David.  We hung out at Cha for like ever.  It was super nice to see Brian again.  BUT I MISS BEN SO GODDAMN MUCH AND HE'S HOME THIS WEEKEND THAT FUCKER.  Whatever.  That was fun, and I finished my Bible reading.  So yeah.

IF YOU DONT' STOP HAVING
SOMETHING TO DO, WE'LL DIE!
SATURDAY LAST: My flight was semi-early in the morning, so I had to get up at like 7-ish.  I did, packed up and all that, then made it through security with like an hour to spare.  I READ SO MUCH YAYYYYY.  Then I got on the plane and the guy in front of me had a carry on bag that juuuuuust barely didn't fit in the thingy so he had to check it.  I was like "Fuckersons, they're gonna make me check mine too" cause his wasn't too much bigger than mine.  BUT I GOT TO CARRY IT ON YAY.  So anyway from aisle to window my row went Random Woman who Had Two Books, Random Woman with Daughter Sitting Behind Her, and then little old me.  I took out my Kindle (<3) and started to read Clash of Kings (82% done with it as of today, so I can almost start Wise Man's Fear) when the hostess was like PLEASE SIR TURN OFF YOUR ELECTRONIC DEVICE BECAUSE IF YOU READ A BOOK ON AN AIRPLANE WE'LL CRASH.  Okay whatever.  So the woman next to me was like "How do you like that thing?" and I started gushing about it and was like "The only drawback is that I guess I can't read during take-off and landing" and RWHTB was like "That's why I carry my Kindle AND a print book."  I was like "Clever!" but then realized I'd never really want to do that.  Whatever.  So anyway we're taxing and the RWDSBH was like "My daughter's probably not doing well, she's scared of flying." I asked "Oh, how old is she?" because the way she said it and looked around made me thing that like her husband had some six year old sitting next to him who was freaking out.  BUT IT TURNS OUT THE DAUGHTER IS 25, NBD.  She's sitting right behind us, and is like "Mom, did you tell him I'm scared of flying?" "No blah blah blah" [that's me tuning out and staring out the window].  So anyway yeah the flight was nice.  I read almost the entire time, taking breaks to stare out at the landscape including this one part where there were all these lakes and rivers and mountains all in one area =D.  So yeah.  We landed, I got a taxi, cool.  Upon my return everyone was like RICH WE MISSED YOU COME GET SANDWICHES.  So I did.  Then............I just hung out.  Yeah.  Then I think I watched a movie?  I don't remember.  I went to bed fairly early.

Essentially this.
SUNDAY LAST: So I woke up on Sunday READY TO FUCKING GO to rehearsal cause I woke up at like noon and it started at 3.  So yeah I basically ate, read the Bible, and then went to dumbtown.  Then I had to go work on a stupid bio project with my not-quite-as-stupid group.  When I got back I just kinda chilled.  Then Ted got back so I gave him a more-than-bro hug and we went to Homer's Hut (a snack shop) and then hung out some and then I went to bed.  EXCITING I KNOW.



MONDAY LAST: Classes.  Then I get back and the person who had originally signed up to drive us to the ski cabin IS ALL I DEFINITELY CAN'T GO ANYMORE FUCK ALL Y'ALL.  So yay.  I have to send a second email to the van certification people cause they never responded to my first one.  Whatever.  I bitched about how the intro sciences are lame some.  Then the rest of my day happened.  Then I went to bed.

This, believe it or not, IS NOT A REAL THING.
TUESDAY LAST: SKIPPED BIO LECTURE CAUSE IT'S DUMB.  I just studied instead.  Got so much more knowlege in this here brain.  Lemme tell you about my Bio professor.  She thinks she's cute and funny when she's neither of those.  She has two lecture styles.  In one, she presents extra information that's really, really interesting, and then she FLIES through the main lecture.  In the other, she goes REALLY slow on REALLY simple stuff because rather than say HELP ME UNDERSTAND people bitch at her like YOU GO TOO FAST ODFANLSDKJFAD.  And she caves cause she's a first year professor.  And she's making me do a stupid, stupid, pointless powerpoint for no fucking reason.  I HAVE TO PRESENT FUN FACTS ABOUT A FISH DURING A GENETICS UNIT.  HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?!  Anyway, after I studied, I had theatre.  And all day this day I had been on and off (for a total of two hours) waiting in the sports center because I got tired of not having my emails responded to.  Cyrus (van cert guy) never showed up, so I left a note with my email address and a message.  When I got back to the dorm, I, once again, just hung out and went to bed DO YOU NOTICE A PATTERN?!??!?!@?!?!

YESTERDAY: So after class and all that Cyrus emailed me back and was super cool, but was like "Since the state has to verify that you've never had a moving violation, it could take a week to get you certified to drive a van [ed. keep in mind that I have to be certified by Friday].  I was like that's fine whatever I'll still do the drive test.  He's all okay see you tomorrow at 11:30.  Yay.  Then I had chem lab, which went well, as usual, cause my partner's a badass.  Yay.

This is what it looks like to die.
TODAY: So I wake up (Yes, I skipped Bio again.  I really hate that lecture.) to Ted and Helene leaving Ted's room all stealthy like.  I mumble "Oooh la la" and roll out of bed.  I shower and go down to grab breakfast.  Then I studied, aaaaannnnddddd then had my test drive.  It went super well.  Essentially, a 15-person van is a huge huge HUGE car that handles like a red flyer wagon if that wagon had wheels that were literally made of hardened shit.  And a suspension made of wet spaghetti.  But I can drive one well enough, and we laughed about things such as how many of my friends I'd be willing to let die for a bite of sandwich (For the average sandwich, none.  For a Rose's or Otto's veggie sandwich 8.) and yeah so that's cool.  He said "You did an amazing job parking this.  Like wow." and so I felt awesome.  That got me thinking about how helpful it is to be cocky sometimes.  I just hopped in that van assuming I wouldn't kill myself, which, considering how fast I normally drive, was quite a possibility.  These vans are so prone to flipping that it's illegal for high schools to use them.  They're just too goddamn dangerous.  I ended up living, and obeying all speed limits.  WOOOOOO!  Anyway, during my certification thing we stopped by the place where you check out vans.  I saw our van wasn't checked out cause we hadn't turned in the paperwork.  I asked when it had to be turned in and Cyrus said "Noon today".  Okay fuck.  But anyway, after my driving thing I talk to Autumn (my friend who organized the ski trip) and was like "You turned in the paperwork right?" "What paperwork?" "The paperwork for the van." "Oh fuck no is there some?" "Yeah, it was due at noon. [ed. my theatre class starts at 1]" "NO.  NO IT IS NOT.  I WILL TURN IT IN AFTER CLASS AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE."  So acting workshop happens as derpily as it usually does, and we head back over to the Phys Plant (van checkout zone).  The woman there is like "It's late, but get this in as soon as possible."  We have to get a driver (I'm not yet certified) and have our RD sign it (like a super HA [that's Reed's equivalent of RA] who's like...not a student).  After a long discussion, we postpone the trip.  This way, I'll be certified, everyone can come, and we won't have to stress about all this stuff.  Everyone's disappointed, but it's okay.  YAY.  Okay so yeah.  Then after that I do a bunch of work on my Bio thing which I've finished now, and then go to Iphigenia rehearsal.  It's shitty, as usual.  I get home and take a chem practice test (the aforementioned 91%) and talk to Ted about how he didn't sleep last night because his arm was stuck below a sleeping Helene and he had a light shining directly in his face and couldn't see his watch so had no sense of time.  I taught him some tricks to get out of that situation (one is yell "OH GOD OH GOD PLEASE NO" really loud).  Then I started writing this.  Yay!

P.S. I don't think I have a P.S. for this one.  Oh well.  Hello everyone!  EDIT: Nevermind I remembered a P.S.  THEY HAVE FALL UP HERE.  WHAT'S GOING ON THERE ARE LEAVES EVERYWHERE!

1 comment:

  1. Everytime you mention reading the Bible it feels like a joke you're playing on us. Or a glitch or something.

    And the flight attendant bit made me laugh.

    Congrats on the auto certification. Just be careful. If you die, that'd be mildly annoying to me. Also I will buy you a sandwich if that's what it takes for me to not die.

    ReplyDelete